Cabin Fever / No Bed Roll

Ahatch

I'm playing my best Interloper run at 10 days and starting to make some good progress just one kicker I just got the cabin fever warning and I have no bedroll and currently on Desolation Point so my question is there a bedroll possible spawn on this map or am I basically have no choice but to fade into the darkness. 

You can find bedrolls in Desolation Point. Not going to say where, after all interloper is about learning things yourself right ? but for those who don't mind spoilers, here is a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAJFb0lYYLA

Apart from that, you have other options. Snow shelters and sleeping in cars. Just watch the temperature, and either sleep a few hours at a time or have a fire going.

Remember that Cabin Fever isn't going to kill you outright, even if you do get it. Curing the affliction itself is exactly the same process as you are contemplating using to prevent it, so there's no particular urgency just because the "risk" pops up. Don't kill yourself taking drastic measures to avoid it if you aren't ready; take your time and prepare supplies so that you can deal with it comfortably. You might not even need to sleep outdoors at all if you can adjust your daily, waking routine to spend less time indoors.

It can sometimes work to just power through it. Sleep as much as you can for now, then use coffee. caves, and maybe fires and cars to get through the other side. 
( I should note that this can be dangerous, but it's still a viable solution in desperation). 

Well I built a couple snow shelters 1 by the waterfall and 1 at the secluded area near the road but very close to death (15%) hunger is my number 1 enemy at the moment. Just hoping I can hang on a bit longer as my birch saplings have cured and the maple one is at 90% if ever I could get a deer I would finally get some food ahead. 

Thanks for all the posts my run is still hanging on by a thread at 15 days :) got my bow and 3 arrows and got my first deer by the Richen ship. So hopefully I can live long enough to upgrade my clothes so that can withstand this cold 

As far as I know, DP has a single outdoor cave, and that one is a bear lair. Aside from snow shelters, there seem to be few options. I would want that bedroll ASAP, so when CF hits, you could sleep it off in the Stone Church or inside the Riken wheelhouse... make a trip to the mines to gather a mother load of coal, then stoke it all up into a bonfire to last all night long... also great for power-levelling your Cooking.

What's with this Scruffy scare? Does he still live in there? In my last two runs (a Stalker one and a Custom-Interloper-like) I would set out to loot the Scruffy's cave right away, and never met him (her?) on day one... Never bothered to check on him sometime later though. Does he have a "grace period"? On my way, saw his usual buddies skulking around Hibernia, and the bear was there too.

You don't have to actually _sleep_ outside to counter/cure Cabin Fever.  It's based on time spent outside, regardless of what you are doing.  Spend enough time outside to drop the risk, then sleep in a bed. :)

On interloper I spend a lot of my outside time by a fire making water, cooking, mending clothes, etc.   Loads of fuel in DP, and the wheelhouse of the Riken is a nice place for an outdoor fire, sheltered from the wind if you build as far from the door as possible.

First, congrats on your Loper run. The bow and arrows gives you a bit of a buffer from all that is out to kill you. As suggested, movement is best course of action in Interloper but you should always know where you going or have a goal. 

The only safe protected location from the elements to sleep outdoors on DP are the Riken wheelhouse and the Lighthouse (top)—-CAVEAT—-you need a fire. 

Now the original question let’s us know the problem is No Bedroll. But what if you think differently about the problem or better yet change the question. Instead of, “Where do I find one?”; you may ask, “do I need one?” Reflection may uncover alternative solutions. Sure a snow shelter would work but you still face the elements and, as mentioned, they degrade remarkably fast. I’m no suggesting there is an easy solution but there are alternatives. I went over 200 days on Loper without. No brag just to point out Loper requires a different approach.

Good Luck!

On 04/06/2018 at 12:03 AM, Ahatch said:

Thanks for all the posts my run is still hanging on by a thread at 15 days :) got my bow and 3 arrows and got my first deer by the Richen ship. So hopefully I can live long enough to upgrade my clothes so that can withstand this cold 

Congrats on the deer! :coffee: Although I should warn you, only a full set of fur clothing can keep you truly warm in Interloper and that's only if the weather cooperates. A good suggestion to fight Cabin fever and avoid freezing damage is to only go out exploring or hunting when the weather is mild, that is at least past noon. Afternoons are usually(not always) much warmer and only start to get truly cold by dusk, so you can stay outside for longer periods and take little condition loss. 

As pointed out by Ruruwawa, cooking and boiling water outside are musts, you fight cabin fever and your fires last a lot more. My fires by the wheelhouse could even outlast blizzards for most of the time, makes the riken a great base.

Stay safe and warm out there! :toque:

Archived