I found the Desolation Point Moose...

...or rather, he found me.

I've been making myself at home in the big fisheries processing center for some time now.  After cooking and storing the meat from a bear I killed, I decided to go out for a walk.  Why not?  I already stockpiled all the necessities and just needed a leisurely walk.  I visited the island with all the bunnies.  I looked around the area below the lighthouse.  Hmm...  Did I properly check out that truck that crashed below the bridge?  I guess I can take a look.

What was that noise?  It almost sounded like someone talking in the distance?  That can't be. 

Oh, crap, I just heard a moose call!

RUUUUUNNNNNN!!!

He must have been on the bridge, where I couldn't see him!  I'm getting too winded to keep running!  Did I get far enough away!?  Get the rifle ready, just in case!  Can't run anymore!  Turn around!

HE'S COMING RIGHT FOR ME!

*BLAM!*

He's still coming!  Backpedal and chamber another round!  *ooof*

-too late.

He moves away.  My chest screams in agony with every breath I take.  Slink away.  Get out bandages and painkillers.  Please don't let the wolves find me.

Get clear of him.  The more distance, the better.  Anger and adrenaline...  I wasn't even after you!  I was just out for a walk!  The big rock by the shipwreck.  Maybe he can't get up there.  Found a way to the top.  Hope he can't get up here too.  Oh, so now you're going to stroll along, you smug SOB!  Take aim.  I wonder how many hits it'll take?  I wonder if I can take him before he gets to me?

*BLAM*

SWEET MARY TYLER MOORE SLAPPING JOSEPH WITH AN OVERCOOKED HADDOCK, HE WENT DOWN!!!

So I'm well provisioned for food now, and looking forward to making something nice from his pelt.  

Archived