Food Spoilage

dwoolfy

One thing that I would love to see in the game, is a container that protects the food for a large duration... If I had a metal container that was outside in the snow and put meet in it I think that it would freeze quickly, It might attract predators but it would certainly protect the food from spoiling. On the other hand finding soda type food outside is just absurd as they would naturally burst when exposed to freezing temps.

Any comments?

Use outside containers to store meat (both cooked and raw), but there's a real shortage of non-corpse containers... The only 2 usable containers I've found are the corpses that are lying in the snow (not sitting!) and the backpacks that are lying in the snow (not standing!) but metal and plastic containers found outside have the same degradation rates as their inside siblings.

But storing meat on a corpse (or anything really) seems wrong to me. There should be more containers like metal or plastic containers and backpacks and they should all be very good at storing meat. Even better would be the ability to take containers outside and use those.

Archived