Struggle Clothing Damage

Mortan1234

Hello Hinterlands forums!

It has been a while since i played the game (before story mode), and after finally coming back to it i was excited to play the new custom mode. One of the things i noticed was the ability to turn struggle clothing damage to none (great i hate loosing my pants in a fight), but then the next thing i know, i got in a fight with a bear and he destroyed all of my clothes. 2 were ruined, most were at low values, you get the idea. Just wondering if i misinterpreted the meaning in the custom mode selection or if this is a bug.

Anyway thanks. Its good to be back in the long dark.

20180424145349_1.jpg

I don't know the answer to your question, but is it possible that the custom sliders - although saying "wildlife" - only refer to wolf struggles? As far as I know, there is no "fighting back bonus" for bears and moose, and the damage severity, at least for bears, is always the same iirc. So if these two aforementioned sliders apparently only target wolves... maybe the same goes for the clothing damage slider.

6 hours ago, CaveDweller said:

@Mortan1234 Remembering also that many of the custom sliders did not function as intended when released. You may have interpreted the slider correctly but it may not be applying consistently/ at all.

Well that is unfortunate. I hope they fix that. It is really cool to customize your game to what you wish but is sucks when it doesn't work.

@hozz1235 To be honest I like the dev-set modes so much that I don't bother with the custom setting.

In terms of not playing the game, there have been numerous posts about setting your own achievements, such as having a bearskin bedroll in every cave on TWM. But these aside, have you played through every survival mode and worked out their individual nuances and play styles? I have an insane number of hours logged in the game but still find new things out every time I play as I habitually push the boundaries and assumptions I develop in each mode.

For example, until recently I'd never bothered with Pilgrim mode. But, my little girl wanted to roam the world 'on her own' so I made a Pilgrim game and played it until she had enough clothes not to freeze when outside. One incredibly interesting realisation was that hunting by bow in Pilgrim is harder than any other mode. This seems counterintuitive, but the detection radius for animals and resulting spooking and running away forces all shots to be long distance 'hail Mary's'. Combine this with an abundance of maple and birch saplings and Pilgrim mode has now become my favourite bow-hunting training ground.

Archived