SPOILER ALERT FOR EPISODE 1 CHAPTER 4

JACKROX_12234

Ropes are a way to keep compulsive looters (like me) from carrying a truckload of firewood, tools, food and skins from an episode to another, and the snapping rope prevents multiple trips. Spoiler alert this doesn't work at the end of episode 2, you can even pick up the rope and then jump down, not that it matters...

10 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

Ropes are a way to keep compulsive looters (like me) from carrying a truckload of firewood, tools, food and skins from an episode to another, and the snapping rope prevents multiple trips. Spoiler alert this doesn't work at the end of episode 2, you can even pick up the rope and then jump down, not that it matters...

How do you get back up then, Doc? If so, I could have had all the deerskins I needed to max out someone's trust. I had harvested so many deer in Ep 1.

I personally never did. I've played Wintermute once, and at first I didn't even think about climbing back up, so luckily on the first (and last) trip I took with me only stuff I judged absolutely necessary: one of each tool, first aid meds (never thought much of antibiotics or water purifiers), some firewood to last one night in the open, some pieces of cloth and leather. It probably is a sneaky way the game uses to put some spice at the beginning of a new adventure. Maybe there's a way (the purple truck?) but I didn't figure it out.

On 23/4/2018 at 4:58 PM, Ape88 said:

How do you get back up then, Doc? If so, I could have had all the deerskins I needed to max out someone's trust. I had harvested so many deer in Ep 1.

I just tried some crazy stuff. I jumped down from the cliff near the rope at the climbing area of Milton Park. At first I landed on a jutting rock gaining a sprained ankle, sprained wrist, some trauma and damaged clothes for my trouble, but alive. Then I took another jump, and sprained my remaining limbs, took some more bruises and damaged some more clothes. But now I'm more or less alive at the bottom of the cliff with 54kgs of payload. Hooray.

By the way, Will complained about the old rope anyway. Yes, it was so old I didn't even dare to use it.

• 4 months later...
On 23/04/2018 at 3:58 PM, Ape88 said:

SPOILER ALERT

You can go round the north side of Forlorn Muskeg, climb the roots next to the rosehips just west of the tunnel cave's western entrance and up into Milton Basin.  From there you can climb up into the main Milton map at the climbing point near Meadows Farm.  You can also use that route to return to Mystery Lake.

On 8/29/2018 at 7:09 PM, Gazbeard said:

You can go round the north side of Forlorn Muskeg, climb the roots next to the rosehips just west of the tunnel cave's western entrance and up into Milton Basin.  From there you can climb up into the main Milton map at the climbing point near Meadows Farm.  You can also use that route to return to Mystery Lake.

These paths are only available in Survival mode.  The first rope leading from Paradise Meadows down to the first ledge on your way to the Milton Basin is completely obstructed by rocks in Story Mode.  Also, in Story Mode, the cliff climb leading up out of the Muskeg and into the Milton Basin is also obstructed by a rock wall.

• 1 month later...
On 31/08/2018 at 3:28 PM, ajb1978 said:

These paths are only available in Survival mode.  The first rope leading from Paradise Meadows down to the first ledge on your way to the Milton Basin is completely obstructed by rocks in Story Mode.  Also, in Story Mode, the cliff climb leading up out of the Muskeg and into the Milton Basin is also obstructed by a rock wall.

Ahhhh ... didn't realise that as I never tried it in story mode.

Archived