DerpyDinosaurs IDEAS

DerpyDinosaur

Hello all

I just thought I might share my ideas that i think would make The Long Dark even better

I would love to see a co-op map where you and a friend have to find each other and try and survive

Love to see some NPC's that I can talk to for advice or help, trading, assistance on my journey for survival.

A jungle map would be sweeeeeet since its a lot harder to spot enemies or even a desert map where you have to fight the boiling sun, with nothing to eat but scorpions and stuff...(Just let your imagination run wild here)

Id love to see hand animations for eating, drinking, reloading and picking up objects that would be a nice touch (Then there's no progress bar, you just have to wait till the animation is finished)

Oh and the last thing I can think of is hostile NPC's that have gone crazy and they will have journals and things that you can read and learn from their mistakes. A surprise wolf in a hut/cabin would be intense and the wolf has mauled some poor guy.

Any way that concludes my thoughts just speaking my mind really ahhaha, i'd love to hear what you guys think or if you have better ideas than mine lets chat about them :D

Guess how many people have already suggested co-op? I'm serious, guess...

But how would that work? You and a friend are playing co-op. You go hunting together and kill a deer. Only one of you can harvest the meat. That takes hours of in game time. But that time can't be accelerated like it is now, because how would that work for your friend? Time would need to accelerate for him as well... So now you're staring at your screen for a few RL minutes, waiting for the harvesting to be done. Doesn't sound like much fun, does it?

NPC's will be in the final game, but there's no info on if they will only be in the story mode or also in the sandbox. NPC will be both friendly and hostile.

I don't think they have jungles or deserts in Canada...

@Shadrach: you need to stop watching South Park :)

• 3 weeks later...
Id love to see hand animations for eating, drinking, reloading and picking up objects that would be a nice touch (Then there's no progress bar, you just have to wait till the animation is finished)

Oh and the last thing I can think of is hostile NPC's that have gone crazy and they will have journals. A surprise wolf in a hut/cabin would be intense and the wolf has mauled some poor guy.

I like these 3 ideas, especially the surprise wolf. It would need to be an open place though, like a cave, because wolves can't open doors ;)

Archived