#272: Bug or feature: first time foraging wood takes longer

elloco999

Go outside.

Forage for wood.

Tinder, softwood and hardwood all take 30 min per item.

Select 1 hardwood

Forage for wood again

Tinder, softwood and hardwood now all take 20 min per item.

It seems strange to me that the first round of foraging, whether you forage for 1 or 10 pieces of hardwood, takes 30 min per piece of wood, but each consecutive round takes only 20 min per piece of wood.

What actually was the intent of selecting how much wood you want to forage? I found it more interesting when it was random.

It's nice to be able to get just a specific type of wood.. But, as you said, I found it more interesting when it was random, also. And I don't like the "new" inside foraging system, as well. It's not fun to know how many wood left. And I think 20 reclaimed wood are not so much according to the size of the building(e.g. CO).

I actually found that the time for outside foraging was directly influenced by the weather condition.

So when the weather is nice foraging takes 20min without hatchet - going up to 45min with extreme weather.

I haven't noticed any dependency on the weather, but then I try to only forage when the weather is good. Mainly because I want to be able to forage for some time without getting too cold.

I can reliably replicate this phenomenon that it will always take me 30 min for the first run and 20 min for the subsequent runs. So I always forage for 1 item first and then forage for more so they take less time.

I've done this so many times now that I'm sure this has nothing to do with the weather getting better in the mean time.

I can confirm this! And I haven't noticed any dependency on the weather, as you. And I also only forage when the weather nice and the temperature is warmer than -8.

I have the same issue as you have. My first run of forage always takes 30mins. And the second one and the rest takes only 20mins.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived