#276: Container-List Scrolling Bug

Calmer

There appears to be a minor annoyance of a bug regarding scrolling through the inventory of a Container (right column list when you view an already opened container):

When scrolling UP from the bottom of the Container's list, one "scroll" of the mouse wheel skips an item on the list (consistently goes to every other item, 1-3-5 style), whereas scrolling down the list behaves normally. I noticed this at least a day ago, possibly two, so I don't think the fault lies in v.155.

Upon further testing, when scrolling down the list (from the top) and then back up ONE NEW ITEM AT A TIME, as in Down>Up>Down-Down>Up>Down-Down>Up>Down-Down, I found that the "scrolling up skip" doesn't happen until ~halfway through, possibly even two-thirds of the way through, the entire list of the container's items.

I'm sure there was something else I noticed container-related a day or two ago, but I can't remember it at the moment. Will report it if I remember/rediscover it.

Debug: http://pastebin.com/SxZQEi3j

I think it would be nice to have a scrollbar in the inventory. It would be a good way to indicate the player that he's got more items in the inventory/container than what is displayed on the screen. The scrollbar should change it's lenght according to how much item in the inventory/container. E.g. like the scrollbar in the browser window.

You know, that would actually be a nice little addition now that I think about it.

It also sparks the realization that I'm so used to just mouse-wheel scrolling through my entire list, I didn't stop to wonder how/if this hiccup might affect non-mouse-wheel users.

Food for thought for the devs I suppose. For now I'm sure they're just focused on ironing bugs out as best they can.

• 2 months later...

Archived