The Long Dark hotfixed to v1.29 (35212) on STEAM

Admin

Hello community,

We’ve just hotfixed The Long Dark to v1.29 (35212), which includes the following fixes:

Version 1.29 (35212) Release Notes

*Numerous Environment fixes
*General optimizations to improve performance
*Fixed several rare crashes

Gameplay & User Interface
*[Both] Update to allow Player to save their Journal from the Skills screen
*[Both] Players are now prevented from deleting in-use saves
*[Wintermute] Unlocked Chapters data now stored in backup location in case of data loss

General
*[Custom] Fixed issue that allowed progress towards feats disabled in Custom Mode 
*[Both] Fixed issue with Flare shells being re-usable in certain scenarios
*[Both] Fixed issue where animals would disappear under certain conditions

###END OF CHANGELIST###

• Admin pinned this topic

Great. Wasn't expecting this!

What's the thing about preventing deleting of in-use saves? What's an in-use save? If I have a Survivor Mode game that I've got bored with and no longer want to play (or a Wintermute, save, for that matter), I can still delete it, yeah? I don't want to have to load up that save and waste time deliberately trying to kill the character just to delete that save.

I'm not sure if it is related to the hotfix, but ever since this update, I have trouble with campfires.  The character gets stuck at the fire.  It seems to happen when the character is using another tool while attempting to use the fire menu to add fuel or possibly another action.  I almost got stuck while trying to use the fire next to a bedroll and holding a torch.  Later, I got stuck at a campfire while holding a torch and could not access the fire menu at all.  Even after the fire died, my character was stuck staring at the spent logs.  I had to quit the game and lose my progress.  This was right after leaving the second cave, where you see the first wolf.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:15 PM, virgo0223 said:

To bad I feel my game runs fine. I was hoping for some new content to get me interested again. Making jerky, New wildlife, New tools "like a good flashlight"

Something like that would have been cool.

I actually think they should remove flashlights, or at least have them only work during an aurora(you can start a fire with a flashlight). Doesn't electricity not work? This is why all the vehicles stopped right?

On 4/10/2018 at 7:41 PM, immaculatelation said:

I'm not sure if it is related to the hotfix, but ever since this update, I have trouble with campfires.  The character gets stuck at the fire.  It seems to happen when the character is using another tool while attempting to use the fire menu to add fuel or possibly another action.  I almost got stuck while trying to use the fire next to a bedroll and holding a torch.  Later, I got stuck at a campfire while holding a torch and could not access the fire menu at all.  Even after the fire died, my character was stuck staring at the spent logs.  I had to quit the game and lose my progress.  This was right after leaving the second cave, where you see the first wolf.

I've experienced the same issue frequently over the last couple days, all when trying to light a torch from another torch or from a campfire.  I'd say I get stuck at least 20% of the time that I drop a torch and try to light another from it.  Someone mentioned passing time to get "unstuck", which works if I pass a full hour.  I've also found that I can select charcoal from the radial menu and sketch the area, then I'm free to move after that.  As long as I'm outside in decent weather, that's sometimes a good alternative to quitting the game and going back to the last save.  I'm just trying to make sure I do something to save the game as close as possible to trying to light torches.

• Admin unpinned this topic

Archived