DP needs a fish hut

Sito

I love DP. I go there for the forge of course but I really want to live there for an extended time but cant because deer disappear and thus no food. I feel like I could do much more living in DP. Exploring, mapping, making stuff, fixing my cloths. I could have made a bow and arrows. could have made dear pants. but. no. more. deer. no. more. food. 

had to run back to CH.

I suppose I could shoot the bear and live off him for a while but last time I tried he ate me and ended my game.

My current game goal is to live in every region for some period of time. So I start in CH, loot it, get established at a base, stock meat, get good clothes as best I can, then make a run to DP, get established at the lighthouse, find food, kill some deer and wolf, make water, find the gun and hopefully the bow and arrow, find birch and maple saplings, make arrow heads, wait for hides and saplings to cure, explore..... then no more deer. weather bad. stuck inside. next day. look for deer. none. bad weather again. back inside. next day look for deer. still none. hungry. gotta run back to CH. barely make it. GRRRRRRRRR!

all I need is a fish hut. please

*Without level 5 cooking*
Long-term DP survival is completely possible in all game modes, but you do have to ration your food for the first while and use the day-starve technique. Eating carnivore meat every third day or so as a supplement also helps to stretch the rabbit and deer. Building up snare clusters in the several rabbit locations can quickly yield 4-5 rabbits a day, more than enough to be sustainable in it's own right.

*With level 5 cooking*
Even ignoring the bear, between deer, rabbits (as above, build snares) and wolves there is more food than you will ever need. Within the first couple of weeks I usually end up with several piles of meat at the four bases (Riken, lighthouse, church and Hibernia).

Of course, hunting the bear every time it respawns will give you an insane amount of food. Using the day-starve technique (note I say technique, not exploit) gives some 45ish days per bear, with a respawn of approximately 13 days...you literally end up with three times the food you need every time.

The most consistent spot I've found for safely hunting the bear is the large rock outcrop next to the Hibernia docks (Riken side). Get up there early, slide down the rock face about half-way, then wait.

On 2018/3/31 at 6:52 AM, Sito said:

I suppose I could shoot the bear and live off him for a while but last time I tried he ate me and ended my game.

Sorry dude but i laughed about 2mins because of your story.Also have the same need, please let us go fishing in DP!

Archived