Companion Animal

ScarletDawn91

Companion Animal  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah the work to reward ratio would be terrible probably. Besides, companions have never worked properly in any game I have played. They either run off to die or stand around waiting to die. The worst is when you have to keep them alive and they charge off into gunfire at every opportunity, or in this case bears.

11 hours ago, loriaw said:

I could see it working if seasons (particularly spring) were added. Spring is when wild animals give birth. 

The other possibility would be a dog or cat left behind that somehow 1) didn't starve to death and 2) was magically unaffected by the 'light'. 

I've played other games where a baby animal can be found and saved, or grown animals can be caught/tamed. As stated, the work to reward ratio would be terrible (although that is an actual game mechanic already in use in TLD). For some people, it might be a welcome addition. Others would simply leave the animal or kill it as food (real life scenario and one of those 'decisions' for some). 

Animals in the game already act out of character. Bears should be hibernating. There are no identifiable females. The deer and the rabbits are fairly accurate (although 'grazing' on ice is ... not), as is the moose. Bears and wolves are not.  

It could be done, although I'm not holding my breath. A wolf pup could be raised by a human (this is how we got dogs) and taught to hunt with one, but I have to wonder how the light wouldn't affect it.  

like you said....it could be done, but it would take so much ressoruces for them to do it. i would rather see these ressources spend to some changes to the unrealistic mechanics of the animals and hunting rework.....i think These changes would make the game so much better than having a companion

On 3/29/2018 at 12:50 PM, ormet said:

No thanks, dogs are #1 reason people are getting mauled by bears & moose in Sweden. 

I guess Swedish bear and moose really hate dog owners. Well, thankfully the game is set in Canada where bear and moose aren't so discriminatory. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

If for every person who wants to have a wolf pet in TLD I would get a bullet for a hunting rifle, I would be Rambo. I don't want to insult you, but it sounds like a typical 13-year-old girl dream of having a wolf pet. Stop it. This is not a game about having a c00t doggo, it's about killing those horse-shits everytime they do run at you. 

An idea of having some sort of a pet is nice, maybe like a Canary who would alarm you of dangerous mine collapsing ( I would like to see this kind of a feature, maybe during blizzards ).

I don't understand that obsession with dogs. I have one, she's about 16 years. I love her, but man, they aren't better than any other pet. 

If I would be in a deep forest with a hungry wolf wanting me dead, I would snap his neck ( probably I'll day because I'm weak and a crybaby, but you get the point ).

KEI4Kvp.png

Archived