Save game disappears after shutting off my x box one

Brian6676

This sounds like it may be an issue with syncing your local saves with the cloud. If you haven't done so already, try power-cycling your console to force it to do a full sync.

To power cycle your Xbox One, press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds. 

Let us know if you see any changes in your available saves, or ability to save new games!

I too am experiencing this. I have tried a hard reset of the xbox, uninstall and reinstall, deleting the save game from the console to force a sync at game startup and nothing has worked.  I even downloaded the game to my PC via Play Anywhere and the same thing happens when I quit the game, once restarted, the only option I have (for both Wintermute, and Survival modes) is "New Game".  Extremely frustrating, as I would love to actually play this game through to the end.... someday...

22 hours ago, Ishwa said:

I too am experiencing this. I have tried a hard reset of the xbox, uninstall and reinstall, deleting the save game from the console to force a sync at game startup and nothing has worked.  I even downloaded the game to my PC via Play Anywhere and the same thing happens when I quit the game, once restarted, the only option I have (for both Wintermute, and Survival modes) is "New Game".  Extremely frustrating, as I would love to actually play this game through to the end.... someday...

Thanks for your post, Ishwa. Since you are also experiencing this issue on Play Anywhere, we'd like to get your debug logs off your PC so we can take a closer look at what is happening. 

Could you play the game on PC for a bit, then send us your debug log file? For PlayAnywhere, your log should be titled UnityPlayer.log and be located in the following file path:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\27620HinterlandStudio.30233944AADE4_y1bt56c4151zw\TempState\UnityPlayer.log

Note: the HinterlandStudio folder in Packages might be named slightly differently on your machine, but you should still have the studio title as part of the name. You can attach the file right in your forum post.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for letting us know, @Brian6676.  We are looking into this issue with your saves.

We'd like to get some debug logs so we can better investigate this issue. Unfortunately we can only get them from a PC. If you have access to the game on Play Anywhere, please consider sending us your log file using the steps in our last post.

If not, we will continue attempting to replicate this issue on our side. Thanks again.

OK, as requested I played (though only for about 10 minutes) and attached is UnityPlayer1.log which was copied while the game was running, after having played for 10 minutes. UnityPlayer2.log which was copied after I quit the game, and it was no longer running, and UnityPlayer3.log which was copied after restarting the game and while it was sitting at the main menu, running. I hope that helps. 

UnityPlayer1.log

UnityPlayer2.log

UnityPlayer3.log

• 3 weeks later...
On Thursday, April 05, 2018 at 11:30 AM, Support said:

Thanks for letting us know, @Brian6676.  We are looking into this issue with your saves.

We'd like to get some debug logs so we can better investigate this issue. Unfortunately we can only get them from a PC. If you have access to the game on Play Anywhere, please consider sending us your log file using the steps in our last post.

If not, we will continue attempting to replicate this issue on our side. Thanks again.

On 4/22/2018 at 3:00 AM, Brian6676 said:

Now the game does not load tried uninstalling again and still wont load.

Can you describe what you are seeing when the game does not load? Are you unable to select the game on your console? Are you able to get to the disclaimer screen or title screen? Are you getting any error messages?

Also, could you tell us what Country and Language your Xbox is set to? In the past we have seen some usual issues on systems with certain regional settings. They should be fixed, but we'd like to check.

I too am experiencing the same issue as Brian6676. Game starts, press any key to continue, it says loading for a moment, then black screen and kicked back to home screen. Only difference is I am in USA, still english.

Thank for your replies, @Brian6676 and @Ishwa

Could you both try the following?

• Clear your local save data from your console
    (you can do this by finding the game in your Games and Apps list, going to Manage Game and removing any saves)
  • Power-cycle your console
    (press and hold the Xbox button on your console for about 10 seconds)

Ok, so having tried that very process numerous times already, and given the fact that I've already restarted so many times just trying to get the game to work I knew my saves were long gone, I went ahead and deleted my save data from Everywhere, not just the console. I then performed the power-cycle and was successful in with the game starting up, and beginning new Wintermute. (Once again, for testing purposes, I should have tried just deleting save from only the console first, but I did not.) I played until the first save at the start of Day 2, then quit the game to the main menu, went to the home screen and quit the game. Once restarted I was FINALLY greeted with a "Resume" option which loaded up wonderfully.  Just as a test, I then just went to the home screen and quit the game without doing anything in-game, restarted and once again was able to load my previous save.  Now, it is still extremely early in the game, but it would appear that all of my issues have been solved. Thank you to support for all the help, and to @Brian6676 for starting the topic in the first place and getting this thing going.

Whew! We're sorry we didn't manage to retain your previously existing saves, but very glad to hear the game is working  -- thanks so much to both of you for all your patience with this issue. You should be good to go now, but please don't hesitate to post again if you run into anything else that doesn't look right.

Archived