Greetings from Texas!

Stealth_Raptor

Hello, my real name is Jacob, and I have been playing THE LONG DARK for a while now. I remember back in the day I downloaded it as a suggestion from the Xbox home page and remember seeing the Red Haired, Wolf-faced man as the icon for the game, my main focus (at the time) being on ARK and thinking the game was something else entirely than what it was. Then one day I decided to just give it a try and see if it was any good. It was only in sandbox back then, and boy was I in for a surprise! I found it to be a game of my dreams, having aspects similar to many of the survival and adventure books I have read and loved over the years (My Side of the Mountain, Down the Yukon, Hatchet, Far North, etc). I would like to take some time to say thanks to Hinterland Studios for making such an awesome game. It's great to be part of such an awesome community of similar-minded individuals and groups. Pleased to meet everyone! ...and keep on STAYING ALIVE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, mate! :)
I can relate to you. I downloaded the game from the Alpha/Preview version and was amazed. The 60 minutes trial expired, so I got into another account and played for more 60 minutes, deciding to buy the game right after.
Although the game is officially out already, it's still being developed and enhanced. In case you hadn't checked yet, here's the latest Dev Diary update, where they mention about some of the planned features: 

Also, I'm an Xbox player as well. Although my console is out for repairs (I believe the HDD is dying), feel free to add me if you want - GT: Arch3rAc3.

Cheers.

Archived