I don't know if it ties into what went wrong with the world, but since we cannot see where we are on the maps, a compass could come handy, and simple compasses use no technology, a factor involved in the catastrophe. 

• Upvote 1

Love this idea!  Such a simlpe thing, but honestly, they'd be all over the place somewhere like this.  Pilots also usually carry them...

Geomagnetic storm has rendered them all useless! That's my take on it anyway. And there already is a compass in the game, sort of. Drop a stick, see where it points. It always points the same way.

• Upvote 1

I wish people used the search bar... this has been lengthily discussed multiple times before. as Ormet said, due to the magnetic field disruption, they don't work anymore. however, sticks, torches etc always point into the same direction. use that for orientation. leave them as waymarkers if you want, since even junk items lying around don't disappear.

Edited by Kendov
  • Upvote 1

i guess they reply to try and stop your reply? 

Too late came the cry. It doesn't matter when people talk about these things, The fact is some one may talk about something that has been done before many times. But they may come up with something that has never been thought of and is a sublime idea. so for my money its a case of let the people talk and keep an eye open for genius.