This game never fails to stun me

Velocitii

So I've played the game for some time, and today decided to make a new save and was lucky enough to get an aurora on the second night. Even after playing for so long and seeing auroras before, they never fail to amaze me with how beautiful they look. Just decided to upload a few screenshots to appreciate how amazing it is and to thank the devs for making the game the way it is :)

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_4.png

It's really been how well the game visually captures how cold it is that hits me the most.  It's made it hard to play the game this winter, especially with how cold it has been for real here in Montana.  Whenever the character exclaims how cold it is, I tend to roll my eyes. It's already damn obvious. Stop ur complainin'!

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been a 'screenshot' type of person. The other day I realised that I had some 500+ screenshots from TLD...all the proof I need that this is the most beautiful game I've ever played. Strangely, I liked the starkness prior to the graphical additions a couple of updates ago. Sometimes it's the sweeping vistas - sometimes it's the simplicity that gets me. Over in the Haiku thread is a screenshot from a foggy day - no other game like it.

On 3/21/2018 at 12:14 PM, hozz1235 said:

Agreed.  My bucket list item is to see the Aurora for real some time.

It is something to not miss. I saw it as far south as central Wyoming. Not as dazzling as seeing it further north, to be sure, but still so beautiful.

• 2 months later...

I have literally only just found out that you can listen to the radio during the aurora! Currently standing here in the darkness in the camp office in ML listening to beautiful music while the wind howls outside.

Archived