vegetables

junglegreen

Hey thanks for the welcome @cekivi. You're right of course @odizzido, digestion isn't dependant, it's an issue for metabolism - vitamin c as cekivi says. But there's also rabbits meat which I understand is just not worth it, bit that I'll ever find that out in TLD as if I ever hit one with a stone it still runs off before I can finish it off. ☺️

So I asked 14 random people today if they knew how to prevent scurvy in a forest and only 4 knew. I thought it was common knowledge in canada but apparently not. So yes, even though it's incredibly easy to prevent it might be something our survivor does not know.

On 11/4/2018 at 4:39 AM, odizzido said:

Anyways scurvy can be completely prevented with 10mg and likely less of vitamin C per day, easily obtainable from organ meats.

I agree, predators immediately eat organs which contains the most varied nutrients. Muscle (which we call "meat") lack most of them.

Going back to the topic (more or less), even mixing ingredients would be nice. Using those pots and pans you can find everywhere to make a goulasch-like soup with canned tomato soup and deer meat would make every survivor happy (getting hungry simply thinking about it), just to make an example, and stewing wolf meat for a longer time than simply grilling it would be a safer way to eliminate the risk of parasites. And what about harvesting bear fat and using it for frying? EVERYTHING tastes better when fried.

Archived