Survival - Mountain Town - exit options without ropes?

mfromb

Pls forgive if this has been covered before.  Are there any options to leave MT in survival without climbing ropes up/down to exit the area?  I came here to harvest valuables (whetstones, sewing kits, meds, etc.) and want to trek back 'home' (Coastal gas station or Pleasant Valley farm house, my main home bases) to stockpile these items in an area I'd prefer camp in, trying and stretch out in-game my existence as best I can.  Hoping I don't have to scale ropes unencumbered over and over in order to get stuff out of MT, but will do if need be.

There isn’t which is why I recommend you drop everything into the Orca Gas Station till you’re ready to leave. Once ready begin to the nearest climbing rope and desenting. Head to the cave and place all the stuff you wish to haul in the back. Head back up the rope till there is no more loot remaining. Repeat this process with the next cave. Then drag it to Trapper’s Cabin. Once you get there it shouldn’t be too hard mapping your way to the Quonset. Or the Farmhouse for that matter.

@MRE_MAN - Thanks for the tip!  Looks like it will be a multistage effort then.  I'm at the farm just outside of milton, now, so I'll hoof everything to the gas station first and then start the trek as suggested.  And, yes.. from trapper's cabin, I can work my way back in stages, as well.  A bit of a drag, but worth the effort in order to collect the consumables for my main home base(s).  Thanks, again.

I Skyrimmed my way out of MT into FM, then out of there as well...no ropes. The face near the climbing area in MT can be done quite easily (despite it not looking so) as can getting off of Marsh Ridge. Yes, quite potentially game-ending, but ever since the climbing restrictions were implemented, I've started to embrace the crouch. ;)

14 hours ago, MRE_MAN said:

There isn’t which is why I recommend you drop everything into the Orca Gas Station till you’re ready to leave.

This is what I did, except I used that picnic area office instead of Orca.  Sure, it's not warm, but otherwise it's good shelter with lots of storage.  It's right by the rope, and you don't have to worry about the Orca wolves as you're climbing up and down.

23 hours ago, Prestermatt said:

This is what I did, except I used that picnic area office instead of Orca.  Sure, it's not warm, but otherwise it's good shelter with lots of storage.  It's right by the rope, and you don't have to worry about the Orca wolves as you're climbing up and down.

Good point. I don’t ussually think about wolves as I’m a filthy stinking rich Pilgrim player.

48 minutes ago, MRE_MAN said:

Good point. I don’t ussually think about wolves as I’m a filthy stinking rich Pilgrim player.

The main reason I don't play Pilgrim is that I'm a hoarder and there's too much stuff to carry around.  :D  My current game is a Custom game with lower loot levels, and even with that it took far too many trips up and down those ropes.

Thanks for the info/helpful tips.  I made it to Trapper's with multiple loads of useful stuff.  Took a few days to get everything from Picnic area to Trapper's.  I had to move everything from Orca station to the picnic area building.  Then moved everything down to the cave down below the picnic area as an interim drop off point.  That took a couple of in-game days to rest a night after moving a couple of loads before retrieving the 3rd and final load.  Then from the cave below picnic area, took the loads up the next rope to reach the cave at the end of the frozen river, using that cave (which leads to trapper's) as the next way station to drop stuff off.  Also needed an overnight to recover after first two loads were hauled.  Finally, took the 3 loads through remainder of the cave leading to Trapper's.  Again, thanks for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...

I did the Orca relay as well. Tons of storage at the station and no need to use own bedroll. (On my custom, wolves don't attack me unless I attack them--I'm new to the game so, whatever). 

Then in my game journal I listed all that I left behind at Orca, so I knew whether or not I needed to go back or not. The trip from ML is so easy I just took the best things on the first trip and left things like cloth and leather etc.  I've made the round trip several times now and Orca doesn't have much left in it except supplies I don't need, and a lot of water. 

Archived