Drop Bag ForDesent Encumbrance

L²

I know this something simliar to this has been mentioned before,  but I think it be a great idea to introduce a mechanic that allows for the descent down a mountaineering rope if you are encumbered.  Here is the scenario I am thinking of...

• You find an assending mountaineer rope while out exploring.
  • You drop as much as you can so as to allow for whatever you might find at the top of this climb.
  • While foraging you become encumbered due to your finds.

Let's face it, there's no practical way to make it up-and-down that mountaineering rope multiple times in attempt to bring down the goodies that you have found. This is where the "drop bag" concept comes into play.  It could be made of cloth, or rabbit hides. It would be a small bag that would hold 'X' amount of weight and then when you click the mountaineering rope an option could be displayed like:

You are encumbered, Would you like to Deploy your drop bag and try again?

If you deploy the drop bag, your weight would be reduced by whatever was designated and when you reach the bottom, the bag could be found on the ground at the base of the rope. The wear and tear on the bag could be such that it takes 25% damage each use and if not repaired, you lose items (RNG choice) in the drop.

Its just a thought...my 2¢.

I like it... and I agree it should have a high wear rate upon use and it would be nice to have more craftable items.

Currently in this situation I drop everything I need to to become unencumbered at the summit... climb down... drop everything I am carrying... rest one hour and make the climb back up... grab whats left and descend after waiting another hour..

On 3/2/2018 at 7:48 PM, L² said:

Let's face it, there's no practical way to make it up-and-down that mountaineering rope multiple times in attempt to bring down the goodies that you have found.

Actually, there's always been the slow descent down a part of the cliff that's relatively less steep. Usually results in damaged clothes and a sprain or two, but other than that, it seems to be quite reliable. :P

Archived