Unable to Pass Time; Lost in My Own Base

Celeblith

Okay, this is kind of lame. I decided to start off in Milton this playthrough, and I've been doing all right. Constantly vexed by inquisitive wolves prowling the surround and never giving me a moment's peace, but they're better company than deer and almost as good as rabbits (the once-burgeoning population of which they've now all but exterminated--sigh.). But that's not my problem.

So, the aurora's weird. It makes the game ten times spookier (and that's saying something), but this is double weird. I awoke fully rested to green windows and flickering lights. Whatever. After enjoying the light show (cut off early by one of those same wolves I described, now glowing green for some reason), I crept back indoors to pass some time with a little game of solitaire (or whatever it is the player character does when (s)he passes time), only to find that I could not.

No option to switch from rest to pass time in the bed menu. No deck of cards in the campcraft radial. What's up with that?

Anyway, for lack of the fatigue to sleep, I wandered around my farmhouse, only to get lost in the dark without any matches. Someone please give me an explanation for this absurdity before my character dies of starvation in his own damn house like the utter buffoon he is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27.2.2018 at 5:33 PM, Celeblith said:

Too dark. I refer you to my state of helplessness as a result of becoming lost within my unlit domicile.

That problem has been around for a long time. I remember a time when the "pass time" option did not exist and you absolutely had to either find your bed in the darkness (difficult once you had lost orientation) or - if you were so lucky as to have it on you - place your bedroll somewhere eligible and slip into it. It once happened to me in the camp office that after much ado I managed to find a place for the bedroll and upon waking up in the morning found out that I had slept on top of the workbench (the 'sonar' workaround did not exist at the time iirc). Strange to think I didn't realize that when I went to sleep...

3 hours ago, Hotzn said:

That problem has been around for a long time. I remember a time when the "pass time" option did not exist and you absolutely had to either find your bed in the darkness (difficult once you had lost orientation) or - if you were so lucky as to have it on you - place your bedroll somewhere eligible and slip into it. It once happened to me in the camp office that after much ado I managed to find a place for the bedroll and upon waking up in the morning found out that I had slept on top of the workbench (the 'sonar' workaround did not exist at the time iirc). Strange to think I didn't realize that when I went to sleep...

Luckily I was able to get past it. This game is hilarious sometimes, though.

Archived