Placing Objects (as Opposed to Dropping)

Celeblith

Hello. Sorry if this has been asked before. I read something elsewhere on this forum about placing objects (in much the same way one can with storm lanterns) but I'm not sure how to do this. It's probably as simple as loading the game and snooping around, but I'm in class/working until 7 so I thought I'd check the forum. 

How can I place objects (e.g. on shelves and things)? This would really help in making my base on Jackrabbit Island in MHW look a little less like a gore dungeon and a little more like a survivor's poorly lit (but beautifully organized) hideout. Thanks in advance for answers.

Not sure of the key stokes for pc but you first need to drop the object on the ground or floor then press the button (same button that allows you to place lantern?) to grab it and then you can move it around and will show item either green or red... Green means it can be placed there and red means cannot be placed there.

Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, Cattleman said:

Not sure of the key stokes for pc but you first need to drop the object on the ground or floor then press the button (same button that allows you to place lantern?) to grab it and then you can move it around and will show item either green or red... Green means it can be placed there and red means cannot be placed there.

Hope this helps.

Cattleman,

What are you playing on? I'm on Ps4, so judging by your response, I'd guess picking up items can be done with L2.

Thanks for the help :rabbit:

Archived