Letters for Jeremiah?

Hollowpoint245

So I've run into a slight predicament. I'm currently camped at Jeremiah's bunker in Forlorn Muskeg waiting for the Aurora to appear. It's been about 3 in game days now and I'm just wondering if there is someway I can make the aurora appear faster, or if it follows some kind of pattern, etc. I have killed the bear and am just completing the remaining side quests before finishing the episode. Any help is highly appreciated.

HP, the aurora appears on a random basis. I've never seen any sort of pattern to it. Just stick with it.

My recommendation is that once the aurora appears, you bring in supplies to last you for a few days in the bunker -- because you'll be in there for at least one day, perhaps more. There is some food in there, but you'll want to boil some water to bring in with you.

• 4 months later...
On 19/02/2018 at 8:38 PM, Hollowpoint245 said:

So I've run into a slight predicament. I'm currently camped at Jeremiah's bunker in Forlorn Muskeg waiting for the Aurora to appear. It's been about 3 in game days now and I'm just wondering if there is someway I can make the aurora appear faster, or if it follows some kind of pattern, etc. I have killed the bear and am just completing the remaining side quests before finishing the episode. Any help is highly appreciated.

Have you killed the Old Bear? The Aurora doesn't appear until you kill him. You have to complete the chapter Jeremiah's Folly before that mission.

I have the same issue.

To me it seems the whole aurora appearance is entirely scripted. I was in chapter 3 and have waited 42 nights in FM for the aurora appearance. No aurora. After that i gave up on it and went on in the story and have completed chapter 4. After that i have waited the next night cycle marathon of 19 nights and no aurora appearance. As soon as i enter the dam in day time and do stuff inside till the night the aurora will appear. It will do it every time but if i wait outside the dam for a few nights... well guess what: NO AURORA. I thought the aurora will appear on a random basis as soon as you have triggered the first scripted one in the maintenance yard. Or are this just rumors? I never had any random appearance after chapter 2. Not in chapter 3, of course not in chapter 4, and not in chapter 5. How am i supposed to complete this side mission? Do i need to trigger the scripted aurora in the dam, run out and go to the bunker? Is this intended to only work that way? Or was i supposed to get the needed trust level of jeremiah during chapter 2 and go straight away from the maintenace yard to the bunker? Sorry, i just try to understand what i have done wrong or doing wrong. Quite frustrating experiance to be honest.

Well, i was able to do this side mission. I went into the dam building around noon, turned on the point and back out of it and went directly to FM. Meanwhile close to FM the aurora showed up. The trigger is the building of the dam. Nothing else.

When I originally played wintermute, the trigger for the first aurora seemed to be going to the maintenance yard in Broken Railway. I believe I hit my head and woke up with the Aurora roaring around me? From then on, they were random. Usually one every few nights. 

Archived