Why game character does not need to go to the toilet

Nplay

I assume it's for age rating and general audience squeamishness reasons.

But it's a fair point.  Given the context of the game, "waste management" would be a real challenge.  Even just working your zipper isn't easy in frigid temperatures, let alone anything else, and then there is sanitation/health, not attracting animals, etc.  It would certainly make getting dysentery or food poisoning much more... complicated.

It's the kind of thing that would make the game better, but I doubt they'll ever include it.  And I'm ok with that.

Too much micromanagement would break the game's current tempo. Right now sprains are treated using painkillers or 2-4 hours rest, wounds don't have to be washed, muscles don't require rest after half a day of hauling equipment, overheating is not a problem (I think this should be included, at the very least, sweating wouldn't be hard to implement with the existing wetness mechanic), boredom isn't an issue, discomfort doesn't need remedy, hygiene is not important, and urination and defecation aren't anything to worry about. Including more regular tasks could speed up the tempo so much that players will have trouble finding the time to think and plan their next move and contingencies, which is what this game is all about.

22 hours ago, MRE_MAN said:

Stop stop stop.. We don’t need this we don’t want this, please just no..

maybe a few people want it but ehhhh

yeah but your name is MRE_MAN.  If you ever had to eat a lot of MREs then you know that going to the bathroom isn't really feasible anyway  ;-)

35 minutes ago, private duksworth said:

ok I like the ideas of sweating over heating, washing wounds and stuff like that. boredom is like cabin fever kinda so thats not a problem. umm the rest I'm not keen on like discomfort and passing .... stuff 

Can you imagine the voiceovers?

• "Man, I gotta go build a log house."
  • "I've gotta go water my deer."
  • "Time to pinch a loaf from an Orca!"
  • "I'm gonna contribute to the local topsoil."
  • "Man, it's time to go drain the main vein."
  • "I've gotta hatch a brown trout"
  • "I've gotta put out the fire!"

And, of course, we cannot forget

• "I'm gonna go lay down some wolfbait!"

ETA: and, of course, we also have to remember the denouement... "Are you serious?!?!"

Archived