[Xbox] Can't download the game

ArcherAC3

Hey.

I bought The Long Dark a couple of years ago during preview, but been able to play ever since.

A couple of week ago, though, I had to restore my Xbox to factory settings, deleting all of the games installed, trying to troubleshoot a problem I was having with a console update.

But now, for some reason, I can't find The Long Dark in the store or in the "Ready to install list". On my PC, I went here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/the-long-dark/c41zdfq82m1g and since it says I already own this game, I clicked on "Install on Xbox One", but nothing happens in my xbox.

Browsing through some screenshots I took, saved on xbox live, I managed to access the Game Hub and go for the Store page in my Xbox, but I do not have the option to install the game, it simply says it's not available for this device. Scrolling the screen down a bit more, I see only "PC" listed as "Available On", as if the game suddenly was not available for Xbox anymore.

Any idea of what's going on and how can I install the game again?

Thanks.

Hi @ArcherAC3. You should be able to download the game again for free from the Xbox One store on your console. 

Thats odd that you didn't see it in the store, though. You should be able to find it by going to Store > Search , and entering in "Long Dark." 

Don't forget that the store might not display all the search results until you press the Menu button on your controller. 

Hi.

Thanks for the reply, but it's still not working. When I search for it on the store, "The Long Dark" does not show up in the games list.

If I get to the game hub and then access the store page, it says it's only available for PC. This seems like a regional problem though, when checking the game rating in portuguese (brazilian) I can see there are a lot of 1/5 stars rating and people saying the game is gone from the store. I don't see any bad rating from comments in english though.

When accessing microsoft store page in portuguese-brazilian, it also says the game is only available for PC, as if it was taken out from the brazilian store somehow: https://www.microsoft.com/pt-br/store/p/the-long-dark/9nfkn56zbmr0 - I wonder if you access the link it will show you the same thing.

When I get back on my xbox, I'll try changing the system location to US or UK and check the store again to see if the game is available for xbox in these regions.

Thanks.

Update:

Yes, as I thought, after switching the system location to United Kingdom, the game shows up as the first result after the search "The Long Dark", and it allows me to install it on Xbox.

There seems to be a bug going on with the brazilian store page then. Quite a lot of people saying the game is gone here.

It's also weird how the game seems to work after installed even if I switch back to Brazil in my system location. It just doesn't let me install it in Brazil.

Archived