New creatures

PlayerM32

One thing I would like to see implemented into the game would be raccoons. This will offer a couple of things first and foremost they would be another supplier food and furs. You can use their skin to make a coonskin hat.  But their presence is not all rabbit like. If you leave the door to your cabin open they can go in and cause havoc with hides that maybe curing in the floor, they would be able to open standard cupboard doors and plastic containers and would eat the food foundb inside and could damage  clothing. They could also eat or destroy food left outside. They would not attack the player and can get caught in  snares just like the rabbits currently. 

As a sidenote off topic. I  Know the subject is been brought up before in the forms but why can’t we get water from fishing holes or waterfalls. This also gives you use for purification tablets which if you can  melt snow you can boil water  As they sit right now I have yet to even use purification tablets

Good idea but similar suggestion would be wolverine who would be nasty and steal your food you leave outside to keep fresh . Hard to spot impossible to trap. More of nuisance animal. But racoons could be the same and inedible as well . 

Even with only a few of the houses have actual openable doors, like the shack at base of Timberwolf Mountain, you can give a small percentage chance that they may even get in the homes with cut scenes for access. Would add a little bit of distress late game.    Snares may also be able to be placed in doors to prevent the critters from getting into valuable resources., Like the idea of the wolverine as well but with the wolves being as aggressive as they are seems kind of redundant. 

Archived