Wolves in .152

prkrsr

Am I just stupid or are wolves now a lot harder?

Before the update I could easily avoid them by sneaking around them, if that went wrong I still had my flares to defend myself. However, now 1/10 wolves is impressed by the flare, 9/10 are tearing me into pieces, no matter what I do.

Yes, I've only played for an hour since the update and every time I walked around a building or tree it seemed I was attacked and not able to defend myself. (it's a wolf and I'm unarmed so...duh) It was getting to the point I had to stop because I was laughing about it so hard. The frequency of them is comical, I was standing out in front of some fishing camp shacks in the new area and I counted 7 of them. One which jumped out from behind a building and trapped me inside. Waited a few hours but it was still standing in the exact spot I left it when I went in.

OH well. When the world comes to an end, I'll be sure to start a group bent on exterminating every last wolf before it's to late.

the wolves killed me before i could even last a day by those cabins by the lake, what makes this even more scary is the snow mounds, you just dont know if a wolf will be hiding behind them. I had to run from cabin to cabin from the wolves, I would even get stuck in the cabin for hours waiting for the wolves to leave, its like a whole damn pack of them over by there and I have yet to find the rifle.

Wolves in the current build seem overly aggressive, especially in one-on-one encounters. I understand they're a part of the game, but it's hard not to notice singles everywhere, milling around by themselves. I've tried throwing flares at them, but the singles don't seem to back off once they've shown aggression. I'm hoping we'll see them acting as a pack soon, rare and very deadly.

Archived