Unable to start game after BSOD

continuity

System specs:

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero

Graphics Card: 1080GTX

RAM: 64GB

Processor: 6700K

This morning I got a BSOD whilst in game, CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, I was in the Ravine having just entered it from Mystery lake a couple of minutes before.  

I suspect this BSOD is related to a BIOS update I applied to my motherboard yesterday to address the meltdown/spectre problems, its too much of a coincidence that a system that has been stable for 2 years suddenly BSODs with a kernel related issue the day after applying a BIOS update related to security issues with kernel space.

However thats not why i'm here, the problem is I can't get TLD to load again after the crash.  I first tried validating the game cache through steam, then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game entirely.  But each time I try to launch it I just get a blank screen and windows tells me the game has stopped responding.

How can I get TLD running again? preferably without losing my save games, but i'll take any solution.  I've updated all my drivers but it's not helped so far.

I've attached the original crash log.

output_log.txt

Yes, I just tried quitting fraps and running the game and its working!

This is a little odd as fraps seems to be working ok with eveything else, perhaps there is something in fraps that got corrupted during the crash specifically relating to TLD.... I may try reinstalling fraps to see if that helps.  Anyway, its working so thanks for that.

Archived