Water purification

EternityTide

I've had a tad of trouble lately, trying to purify water to drink. When I use a purification tablet once, It purifies one litre. Any subsequent purifications immediately after consumes the tablet but leaves unsafe water in my inventory.

The same goes for boiling. If the boiling process doesn't complete before the fire goes out, I still get 2 litres of unsfae water, for example, instead of the system I had before which put maybe 1.6 litres of safe water in my inventory, and a 0.4 litres of unsafe left

thread moved to feedback section - not a bug/by design

I've had a tad of trouble lately, trying to purify water to drink. When I use a purification tablet once, It purifies one litre. Any subsequent purifications immediately after consumes the tablet but leaves unsafe water in my inventory.

The same goes for boiling. If the boiling process doesn't complete before the fire goes out, I still get 2 litres of unsafe water, for example, instead of the system I had before which put maybe 1.6 litres of safe water in my inventory, and a 0.4 litres of unsafe left

A tablet is only meant to purify a minimal amount -- or do you mean when you use additional tablets, none of that water is safe [if that's the case then that part would be a bug].

For boiling, yes, if you boil a big batch and the fire runs out, then there is still unsafe water which contaminates the rest of that batch. You need to either boil in smaller quantities at a time if the fire is running out, or add more wood if you want enough fire to boil the entire larger batch you select.

ADDENDUM: I moved the portion of your additional response [the tablets] to the bug forum as that portion may possibly be a bug.

Archived