[Idea]Skies

SirGregory

Don't like it unless you could freeze to death or get eaten by wolves in fast travel. the fact that im stuck inside for 12 hours while it's cold outside should not be avoidable. That and the number of times I have been really messed up by not getting back home in time is a part of the game. In bad weather you get stuck at lone cabin or logging camp and that s it your stuck until it's nicer out or your strong enough to brave the weather.

You can jog right now by pressing shift. It's faster then walking but your more likely to twist your ankle on hills and it burns calories faster. Cross country skies could work but most of the places you frequent are pretty flat after you gather up everything on the map.

Well you do seem to have a problem with the current way of moving around. Sleds, snowmobiles, now skies. What's next? tameable wolves, so you can ride em? :D

I think the idea is not bad, but skies are usually pretty heavy and unwieldy. so you'd have to account for that in the game as well. If you are going uphill and have skies with you, they should slow you down considerably.

I'm not against this idea, but not entirely convinced by it either.

Well you do seem to have a problem with the current way of moving around. Sleds, snowmobiles, now skies. What's next? tameable wolves, so you can ride em? :D

Reindeer! That you can tame and ride! And when you're lucky enough to find one with a red nose, and manage to catch it, you can fly around the map on his back! :lol:

I think the idea is not bad, but skies are usually pretty heavy and unwieldy. so you'd have to account for that in the game as well. If you are going uphill and have skies with you, they should slow you down considerably.

I'm not against this idea, but not entirely convinced by it either.

I agree, the idea is not a bad one and could work. But I do think the increased speed should come at a price (extra calories burned, degrading the skies so you need to maintain them). And yes, going up hill should have increased penalties.

Also, we're talking cross country skiing (langlaufen) not down hill skiing. Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

I know, but going to Trapper's Homestead or some location that is far out, you can't help but having to climb a hill or two. Down hill skiing would be fun, but I doubt much could be gained from that, unless you discover them on a location that is already located on a mountain.

Cross country skiing is faster going on flat or downhill grades than walking but even going uphill, depending on the grade. But on very steep inclines, you would be faster walking. Still, I already try to stay to the flat area's as much as possible so I do think cross country skiing could improve the speed of my travels. But I won't mind if this is never implemented.

Archived