The Walking Dead (TV Series)

• Hinterland

Now, just because we decided that there shouldn't be zombies in The Long Dark, doesn't mean I'm not a huge damn fan of the entire zombie genre.

Any fans of The Walking Dead TV series here? Come on, it's ok to admit it.

Discuss the series and your favourite eps or moments here. Just remember, [spoil]no spoilers[/spoil].

@Raphael van Lierop - oh hell yeah!! I love/hate that series

Good ending to the season specially with what just happened...

[spoil]TERMINUS is FACKED up! but I can see that really happening (cannibalism) ... this is a time when I wished Shane was still in the gang. Regarding that shooting at the end before they get trapped, that was the most horrible shooting scene ever in the history everything. Unless I missed a point they need to think about the guy in charge of that mess. I thought I was watching an episode of The A-team.[/spoil]

• Hinterland

Yeah, I don't disagree.

[spoil]I think the whole idea there was they were being herded -- don't damage the food! You had to know that Terminus was just going to end up being another totally fucked up place and no real solution to anything. There's just no hope in that world...

My absolutely favourite moment was Rick biting the other guy in the neck. I was just like...holy *s*#t*. Powerful stuff.

Many great moments this season. The ep with the two little girls...wow. That was nuts.[/spoil]

I see what you mean on...

[spoil]them being herded, I guess they were leading them through the complex to the train cart? It felt like that whole scene was just rushed and swept under the rug... I actually thought Terminus was going to be a good place and then all those thousand's of zombies from previous season, I think when Daryl and Michonne were in that black car and the camera pans over the car and there's like a WHOA! amount of zombies walking towards them through the road were going to converge at terminus and party.

Yeah those two girls were meh, ( I so disliked them ) but I guess you have to watch out for the un-medicated in the apocalypse as well...

HA! yes when rick bit that guy I was like "whoa! Rick is that you?! I like it when a show is totally unpredictable.

Cant wait for Carl to grow a pair.[/spoil]

• Hinterland

Yeah, I read that whole [spoil]herding thing as a way for viewers to catch some quick glimpses of what we'll be seeing and dealing with in the next season, without giving us any real time to decipher it.

I think it's interesting how the post-prison scattering has created new connections between the core characters. Rick, Michonne, and Carl are becoming a little family. Daryl and Beth. Etc.

To be honest I like them a lot more when they are on the road. Any time they get stuck in a new location they stay there for an entire season and the show flows much better when they are on the road. But I get the reasons for it (budget). I'd love to see them cover twice as much physical ground per season.[/spoil]

While I am definitely a fan of the show, I will have to come back here and read all the posts when I have finished the current season. I've only had about six days off in the past month and a half and haven't had time to get caught up.

• Hinterland
While I am definitely a fan of the show, I will have to come back here and read all the posts when I have finished the current season. I've only had about six days off in the past month and a half and haven't had time to get caught up.

Yeah, I have this problem as well. I tend to let the eps stack up and then catch up on them on the plane (iPad). IMO the show is even better when you binge on it.

Well, I'm a fan of the show too and I read the comics (who are now so different from the show you almost can't be spoiled by them... almost)

[spoil]Personaly I really like the two last sentences of the episode "They will feel pretty stupid... when they'll understand they messed up with the wrong group."

But all the "berserk Rick" part was also pretty awesome.

Just one thing about the shootings in the end of the show, you can see the comparison with the sequence earlier in the episode when he talk about the funnel for the animal trap. They didn't want to hurt them, to be sure they will run in the right direction. The only problem I can see, is the fact that none of them find strange they push them to a specific direction and run into the trap like stupid rabits.[/spoil]

I've enjoyed the show and comics thoroughly...

[spoil]...although I stopped reading the comics right after they "got" out of the prison. I think the TV show did focus too much on their time in the prison and it kinda turned boring. I have to agree with Raph, that the show is so much better when they're on the road.[/spoil]

Agreed, out in the open...

[spoil]is better and I do like to see what the rest of the world is turning into and how the characters are reacting to the new environment, I feel like I could learn something or give me something to think about or else I feel like I'm watching my own life at work (when they were in the prison) .[/spoil]

• Hinterland

Yeah...I thought one of the most interesting things they did was the transition from S02 to S03. The very first part of the opener for S03 really showed how things had changed for the group. It was really interesting to see that transition, to feel that passage of time. Lots of stories nested in that period that they never really showed.

I feel like what they're setting us up for in S05[spoil]is to finally get the group out of the defensive and put them in control. It's not going to be easy, but I feel like what we're seeing is the beginning of Rick waking up and taking on his rightful role as strong leader, not just for the benefit of the group, but beyond that. The moment in the S04 finale where he just rips the guys neck out...that tells me: new Rick. He's ready to embrace his dark side, and do what needs to be done.

Now if they stay true to form, he'll go too far the other way and they'll have to reign him in. One thing I love about The Walking Dead -- nothing ever stays static.[/spoil]

I am really glad I found this thread. A lot of interesting options.

[spoil]To be honest I like them a lot more when they are on the road. Any time they get stuck in a new location they stay there for an entire season and the show flows much better when they are on the road. But I get the reasons for it (budget). I'd love to see them cover twice as much physical ground per season.[/spoil]

That is an interesting point, Raphael. But personally, I disagree.

[spoil]I like them more when they stay for a while. (Season 2 is my favorite season by far.) Maybe because I am a fan of them beeing safe. (Like campfire romanticism - a sense of adventure: just enough food to survive, a little comfort (at least) and cool fighting but not too much of danger.) In my optinion the conflicts inside the group are much more interesting than threats from outside (like other people or the zombies).

But I see the fact that the personalities of the individual group members aren’t growing if they stay for too long at a safe place. (Bad for longterm development of the show.) The "Rick-does-the-zombie"-move was very shocking and I agree with Raphael: Now Rick has reached the next level of beeing a strong leader because he has embraced his dark side.

R.i.p. Hershel (He definitly was one of my favorites.) I also have to admit I am so damn happy about the fact that The Governor was finally killed. Anyone else?[/spoil]

Does anybody else find the season finale not that exciting? In a way I am glad. That makes the waiting for season 5 much easier. With waiting for The Long Dark I have enough excitement in my life. :lol:

Another point on which I agree with Raphael:

One thing I love about The Walking Dead -- nothing ever stays static.

Btw: Have you seen

? (It contains spoilers from season 1 - 3) The Trailer is hilarious.

• 11 months later...

WOW!!! besides this part of the forum not being touched for a while tonight's episode was WHOA!! DAMN! WTF!!!!!!! OH!!! Raphael, hope you took some time off work to watch, I know the new release is coming out Tues. But I can wait an extra week so that you could have had the luxury to witness such WTF moments on TWD.

[spoil]I'm satisfied with this season... Glen must have used his jedi Pizza delivery mind trick on them. Being I delivered Pizza for 2 years trying to pay for art school I can relate when an order is wrong and people are so hungry that they are ready to eat me alive.[/spoil]

Holy shit, what a finale - can't believe we are left hanging for almost a year now, this season was definitely the strongest one from the beginning to the end, only topped by the first season.

A very interesting dynamic, Rick from Dale to Shane, and now Morgan coming out of his mental shell and looking for Rick, the foreshadowing of him finding Rick, the story plays out with some very historical parallels where individual men were written about by name like in the Bible, as there were so few people, there are now so few left. After several years, we could conclude that less than .5% of humanity is still alive, down from about 6.8billion to a few tens of millions. Many fewer people just like in Biblical times.

Not to get all religious the whole Rick Dynamic from Sheriff to leader, to diplomat, to dictator, to wanderer, and protector and back to dictator, seems to me they are really rolling his character around. They have too many characters on the show right now to develop them in the hour they have. That and they aren't killing off any of the core primaries which is an AMC marketing weakness.

I've heard they are spinning a spin-off this summer, FINALLY! Not sure if it will be as good, but Frank Darabont really laid the ground work in season one on the original series.

Holy shit, what a finale - can't believe we are left hanging for almost a year now, this season was definitely the strongest one from the beginning to the end, only topped by the first season.

That's good to hear. The 1st season was great but I thought it was a little less so with each season. I've yet to start on season 5 and am looking forward to it, even more so after reading this ;)

I've been a fan of The Walking Dead for a few years now. I picked up The Walking Dead Compendium (Volume 1) on a whim years ago (before the show launched) from GeekChicDaily (now Nerdist News) When the show launched I was over the moon with joy. I feel like the entire series has been one hell of a study in human nature and I love the mind trips I experience while watching.

[spoil]This last season was remarkably good given the relative safety of Alexandria compared to other supposed safe zones they've visited in the past. I was concerned that Alexandria was going to feel stagnant compared to all the shit they've been through up to this point but I have to give the writers credit... there was some palpable and consistent tension from the moment they first arrived in Alexandria right up to the finale.

I love how Rick and Morgan have consistently been on opposite sides of the coin from one another throughout the show - always reuniting right when one of them is standing on the precipice of mental instability or in the very least at risk of losing some of their humanity. I am really excited to see what they do with next season. I actually stopped reading the comics so I could be more surprised with how the show develops although... that may not have been necessary given how much the show has already deviated from the source material but still... I want to be surprised. :D[/spoil]

Archived