any advice for Snow Shelter bug?

Shane Retter

So, I've created my own custom challenge, and I'm not allowed to use any form of 'man made' structure for shelter .... only Snow Shelters. I think I've figured out what causes the bug where you enter the Snow Shelter, and end up stuck in it, while seeming to be still outside it. It works fine, until I place a fire anywhere near the entrance, then the bug hits .... sleep / pass time, then exit game, and reload, places you inside where you can get the interact prompt 'Exit Shelter', but it happens again the very next time you try to enter it. Because of nature of the challenge I've set myself .... it's pretty essential I have a fire I can interact with while still inside the shelter, and have it close enough to get warmth from it [I set up so the fire is sheltered from the wind in as many directions as possible].

Does anyone out there have more experience than me with working around this issue?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 5:38 AM, hozz1235 said:

No, but I applaud you for making such a difficult challenge!

It is interesting... I think that Hinterland can make something out of this. They haven't added a new challenge since challenges were added. All that is needed is a task to accomplish while the restrictions are in effect.

Archived