How to recall custom game string - PC

illinus

I've started up a new custom run (loper with some tweaks). Have some questions I'd like to post about rate of rifle spawn and hammer spawn (fully looted CH, DP, ML, FM, Ravine; have FIVE rifles, almost 50 rounds, and NO hammer) but I'd like to include the custom string as reference. Where can I pull that from?

You can still get it without installing a mod.  Simply load the custom game that you want to know the code for, then exit to the main menu.  If you then start a new custom game it will show the default custom settings of the last custom game you played.  Simply get the code based on those settings from the lower part of the screen.  No need to install a mod.

On 12/30/2017 at 9:35 AM, Wade said:

You can still get it without installing a mod.  Simply load the custom game that you want to know the code for, then exit to the main menu.  If you then start a new custom game it will show the default custom settings of the last custom game you played.  Simply get the code based on those settings from the lower part of the screen.  No need to install a mod.

Unless, of course, you've made several different ones to experiment with, and suddenly want the code for one of the earlier ones.. without using the mod, you've no chance of that.

Adding it to the basic gamesave information would be an extremely easy fix of course.. but I'm sure Hinterland are far too busy slaying the huge crop of new bugs in the current version to bother with stuff that's merely useful.

13 hours ago, JAFO said:
On 12/29/2017 at 3:35 PM, Wade said:

Unless, of course, you've made several different ones to experiment with, and suddenly want the code for one of the earlier ones.. without using the mod, you've no chance of that.

Unless you died in one of those games you can still retrieve it without a mod.  It works just fine with as many saves as you want.  If you don't know which game is which, then its your own fault for not naming them, but you could always load them in one by one until you find the one you are looking for.  By default the last loaded custom game settings will show up in the custom settings.

On 1/6/2018 at 8:20 AM, Wade said:

Unless you died in one of those games you can still retrieve it without a mod.  It works just fine with as many saves as you want.  If you don't know which game is which, then its your own fault for not naming them, but you could always load them in one by one until you find the one you are looking for.  By default the last loaded custom game settings will show up in the custom settings.

Thanks! I learned something I didn't know..  :coffee:

Archived