PS4 All Data Constantly Corrupted

Splatt1993

Hi,

I am new to the game and forum and i would assume this is a frequently discussed topic (so don't bother biting my head off about dupes) but i find it quite troubling that the PS4 version of the game is roughly three times the price of the PC edition currently; yet all save files are plagued by a corruption bug. Furthermore, the game crashes more frequently than any other i have played and dumps you back to the PS4 home screen.

Is this a common problem with the PS4 edition of the game and what is being done to solve it?

I really love the game and would like to play it for longer than two minutes without a corruption message popping up on screen. 

• 2 weeks later...

OP, you aren't alone.

I've now lost all my games progress , stats and feats. Well over 1100 days between them all and it's like I just downloaded the game again. This has been happening for amonth now, with corrupted files and until today I noticed none of my feats exist. And all my saves are corrupted in some way.

Also, whenever I'm saving and I get a "data is corrupted" msg, I notice all my settings are back to default i.e. metric, no subtitles, stock FOV after as well.

At this point until it's fixed, I'll pretend I"m a beta tester haha. Hope ya'll get this fixed soon :)

I lost another 2 survival playtrough -- both ~100 days, first one just delete save, second corrupt it. Easy way to reproduce -- sleep cycle on custom (sleep 12, eat/drink, sleep 12, eat/drink). Around 20 day of such cycle game crush and save corrupted/deleted.

> If you have cloud saves, give them a try as they may still be intact.

Sorry, but backed up saves not working.

I just got a corrupted file problem this morning Ps4.

I was on Nomad challenge and  I was almost done with it after lot or hours of playing... this is very frustrating.

But the main problem is not here...

This bug made my general setting goes off... Now my game do not recognize that I have completed the story mode episode 1 and 2. I still have saved files from the end of episode 2 that works, but even if I load it and complete it with the ending credits e.t.c, I still see that I have to start over from episode 1. Now THAT is frustrating. I really don't feel to start all of this again. I was excited for the upcoming episodes but now it feels just screw this. Hope when episode 3 will be there, finishing again my end of episode 2 will trigger the 3... but that would be weird to have access to 3-4-5 but not 2...

Anyway...

I've managed to clear the corrupted file and save my nomad challenge.

I have renamed my Nomad save file in the game menus. Then I have deleted the corrupted file on Ps4. So now I don't have that annoying message of corrupted files.

But I have still lost my story progression plus my challenges perk e.t.c...

Is there at LEAST a way so I can continue story mode once it comes up without having to restart again ???

Otherwise I think I will just make other challenges, maybe some survival but will soon delete the game.

Sad...

Hi @Mart, sorry that you've run into this file corruption issue, but glad to hear you were able to save your challenge game!

The game unlocks episodes by checking that the Episode previous has been completed. It sounds like when your game info was lost, the record of your Ep1 completion went with it.

However since you still have access to your Ep 2 saves, you should be fine to move on to Ep 3 when it comes out. If not, playing through the end of Ep 2 again should unlock it.

On 24.1.2018 at 9:00 PM, Support said:

The game unlocks episodes by checking that the Episode previous has been completed. It sounds like when your game info was lost, the record of your Ep1 completion went with it.

I've tried 3 - 4 times to complete all challenges up to Nomad, but always got my game files (PS4) corrupted in the middle of the process. 

The last run I made, went a bit differently than others. I managed to complete all previous challenges and was just a few hours shy of completing Nomad. I thought I finally made it! I did, but not quite the way I expected it to turn out. When exiting the game after completing Nomad, I got the message of corrupted game files. I deleted the corrupted game file. Checked if I unlocked my challenge mastery achievement, and nope, nothing there. Checked my challenges and all previous ones were wiped out, but it still shows Nomad completed.

So, if the only thing needed to unlock challenge mastery achievement was for the game to check if I had completed the last challenge in line, before achievement gets unlocked, then that's not the case here.

I'm taking a long brake from the long dark and I'll get back only when I see some news that PS4 + corrupted game files, have been fixed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also lost all of my save data. All. Of. It. Completed Episodes 1 and 2, Whiteout challenge, and Sprinting feat. Was halfway through Nomad when it corrupted all my save data and reverted game to factory settings (no achievements saved at all). Sounds like I didn't lose as much as others but I still feel pretty disheartened.

After reviewing this forum I found something of a workaround, however. I deleted all of my save game date from the ps4 system and then went to <settings> --> <saved data application management> --> download from my cloud. Upon logging back into TLD the corrupted save game data alert was gone and my feat achievements had been reinstated but not my completed challenges. 

Archived