116 degrees Farenheit. Does that make me feel uncomfortable or more thirsty?

Noticed the temperature and thinking about it, I know what 110 degrees feels like in a room, and it's unbearable. I don't know whether it's possible to feel too hot in the game, and whether any of the stats are affected by this? If not, I'm putting this out there as a suggestion. I can see some gamer's not going for this idea as it would be a pain to manage all the time.

20171222075327_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Vonwoah said:

I can see some gamer's not going for this idea as it would be a pain to manage all the time.

Painful would be right. Imagine using the 150°C forge for 12 hours. But I guess you get used to changed/new mechanics.

As an aside you can enter the degree symbol with ALT (+) 248 - although I must use my number pad for the 2, 4 and 8.

13 hours ago, dead frozen dude said:

If I'm not mistaken, the "Feels like" temperature caps at 80°C, and besides negating freezing, it bestows no other effects. Overheating (e.g. sweating and risk of heat stroke) vs. freezing (heat loss and hypothermia) could be a viable management mechanic.

Agree. If other seasons are ever implemented it would be nice to see overheating accounted for. 

5 hours ago, mystifeid said:

Since days and nights seem to be equal length I thought we must be playing around the time of an equinox. I keep waiting for Winter to hit.

That would be interloper 50 days (if memory serves) in :D

In the early, early alphas the nights were longer but the devs found that it wasn't as fun to play. So, in a post ages and ages ago, @Raphael van Lierop said they made the nights shorter to give the players more daylight. 

• 1 year later...

Usually when it gets that hot I'll RP and strip to my skivvies when it would be a nice cozy ~20°C.

I really wish there was an overheating mechanic. Works like being too cold but would double the rate your thirst meter dips and double your fatigue rate. But of all the mechanics I'd like to see added to the game, it's at the bottom of the list. Still would make sense, though.

Also found this: https://www.quora.com/What-does-50-degrees-celsius-feel-like

It feels like an oven. And if you attempt physical activity outside in that heat you faint of heat exhaustion.

20190302214123_1.thumb.jpg.ba879dece0a1d5137f55808b850f14ef.jpg

Unfortunately, so far as I know there is still no penalty for overheating.

There is no penalty for getting too hot. Even at "feels like" temperatures in excess of 50°C (122°F), which can be caused by adding large amounts of wood while standing close to a fire, the warmth bar will not go above "warm". In real life these temperatures would be unbearable.

Archived