Make rock stunning easier...PLEASE

philiiipm

Look I get we are surviving in the tundra, but for god's sake....I have lost track of how many times i have actually hit the hindquarters of a rabbit or actually hit its body, and the rock just keeps bouncing.  There's also no reliable way this man aims.  Like you'd expect it to be between the finger and the thumb, but, I tested it even when aimed he just throws at random.  And with no reticle or anything like that (not even a general area one) hunting rabbits is way too much a time consumer. SO FIX IT.

3 hours ago, philiiipm said:

SO FIX IT.

The aim-point is just above the first knuckle of your thumb. They're easiest to hit when they're heading directly towards or away from you. And it works just fine for most people.. SO KEEP PRACTISING.

I have to agree with @JAFO on this one.  It takes practice, but soon you will think it is too easy.  When you get to that point just raise the distance at which they detect you, and you will go back to using snares!  BTW, his advice for aiming is spot on the way to do it.

lPcuQIT2-JiIsNtLvOJQs096cDamaT7n_UOxY6Hckk0.jpg?w=1024&s=08cc46bae5cff0e584ba94c668e9db70

The stone comes out of your right hand and crosses the screen.  If you are very close you must aim lower and lefter (because the stone will impact before it reaches where your hand is pointing).  If you are very far you must aim higher and righter.  A stone thrown in the pictured setting will hit the platform just above the outstretched thumb.   Standing against a wall the stone will hit the largest red circle.  Aiming a bit low doesn't hurt because bounders are just as effective as direct impacts.  Hope that helps.

P.S. This is for horizontal throws.  Aiming upward or down will have to be corrected for gravity.

On 21/12/2017 at 4:59 AM, Wade said:

I have to agree with @JAFO on this one.  It takes practice, but soon you will think it is too easy.

This is exactly what I though.

It's more about positioning and patience than actually aiming the stone.

Get in front of them, crouch and wait for them to come to you.

Stone-stunning rabbits can be extremely frustrating at times.

I've had stones go straight between a rabbits legs before (now that's an accurate hitbox!)

I've also had several instances where a stone has actually hit the rabbit in the head and bounced right off him, rolling the opposite direction of which it was thrown. In this case, I usually get so mad that I give up on rabbits for the day and leave.

go to the farmhouse in pleasant valley with a pocket full of rocks, and practice throwing it at the archery target and get good.    youll have it down pat, and be an expert at rock throwing in about 15 minutes of your time.  (if you really actually want to practice it.) 

quit asking for the devs to dumb this game down any dumber than they already have.  

you would obviously starve for not being able to hit a rabbit with a rock.  

Archived