The Long Dark -- HOTFIX to v1.21 [33995] on STEAM

Admin

The Long Dark Version 1.21 [33995] Changelist

Note: We expect to have PS4 and Xbox One versions of this patch ready to release sometime on Thursday, Dec. 21.

* [Both] Fixed issue where displaced arm animations could appear for certain harvesting actions.
* [Wintermute] Updated Green Survivor description text; Predators are less deadly in this Experience, but will still attack you when unprovoked. (i.e. Green Survivor does not match Pilgrim settings.)
* [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where items could disappear from the Milton House after breaking down the blanket.
* [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where stored items would be duplicated and could appear in more than one location at once. This affects the following locations: Lake Cabins, Fishing Huts, Jackrabbit House and PV Crossroads House. Please note this fix only applies to games created using Version 1.21 and onward.
* [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where a map icon may automatically appear for specific locations when they are entered (ex. Stone Church in Desolation Point) rather than through Charcoal Mapping, which would result in them not counting towards the Faithful Cartographer achievement.
* [Survival Mode] Fixed issue with the items placed in one location could appear in a different location instead (i.e. we created a teleportation device!). This affects the following locations: Farmhouse, Farmhouse Basement, Dam, Dam Trailers. Note that this fix applies to existing games.

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

- The Hinterland Team

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, admin said:

* [Survival Mode] Fixed issue with the items placed in one location could appear in a different location instead (i.e. we created a teleportation device!).

On the positive side,  TLD is the first and only game with item fast travel (i think, usally it is our character that can fast travel with items and not the items alone) :D.

Thank you for fixing problems as they occur :).

Would like to see a compass make an appearance in game. The map helps a lil but not nearly enough if since you can't really find yourself on the map unless there are clear land marks. Also would love the ability to mark trees so us players can make our own land marks or mark the beginning of more obscure trails. The Forelorn Railroad, or what ever you call it is also tedius as all hell. There being no true safe spot to rest while their is a lake that likes to forget the rule on judging thin and thick ice can make things tricky. Especially if one runs into a random blizzard that won't quit. The wolves during this segment can be overwhelmingly obnoxious too. Adding in the fact that the flares rarely work at scaring off wolves and that our main weopens would be a crowbar, knife or axe with very limited uses to a Distress pistol which doesn't always work at scaring a wolf for good. Just saying, these would be things I'd focus on fixing as soon as possible.

On 12/20/2017 at 4:03 PM, admin said:

The Long Dark Version 1.21 [33995] Changelist

* [Survival Mode] Fixed issue where a map icon may automatically appear for specific locations when they are entered (ex. Stone Church in Desolation Point) rather than through Charcoal Mapping, which would result in them not counting towards the Faithful Cartographer achievement.

I'm experiencing quite the opposite effect.    I'm unable to get the Icon for the Stone Church to show on my maps.   I do see Location Trigger - Stone Church.   I have burned through a lot of Charcoal mapping next to each wall, both Inside and Outside of the building.   I have even gone as far as mapping around gravestones, all around the entire perimeter of the fence, outside and inside the compound.   It's been extremely frustrating, especially since TLD has been one of my favorites and most enjoyable to play.

Edited by Shinjuru