TLD OCD Behaviors

Wade

No offense to anyone with actual OCD, but I am curious what sort of outrageous behavior people engage in while playing.  For some I know its not being able to leave the microwave door open.  Lately, I seem to have to throw all newspapers, stacks of papers, and anything newpaper related into the nearest trash can.  I often wonder while I am playing;  what is your current OCD game behavior?

3 hours ago, Wade said:

Lately, I seem to have to throw all newspapers, stacks of papers, and anything newpaper related into the nearest trash can. 

Trash can?  You're supposed to be recycling those things!  Geez, just because civilization has collapsed and you're alone in an endless winter doesn't mean you can go around mistreating the Earth.

I always check if there's anything behind the sun visors in cars, even though I know there never ever ever will be. 

Always leave doors closed. Always pick up EVERYTHING I find, even if it's useless to me (stacks off papers, newsprint, etc) and even if I'm already overloaded - I'm  even reluctant to leave sticks and stones lying in the ground sometimes. 

If furniture is knocked over or out of place inside a room, I'll break it up even if I don't need the materials; if it's n the 'right' place, I'll leave it alone, even if I do need the materials.

Food must be stored in the fridge or kitchen cupboards, clothes in the wardrobe, meds in the bathroom cabinet, tools in the red toolboxes, materials in the workbench drawer; I have taken to storing fuel in ovens; hides and guts cure on shelves or tables always -never on the floor. 

I like to keep a pair of trainers by the front door so I can change out of my boots when I come in to the house. I'll take my coat, scarf and gloves off too and leave them near the door. I sometimes even change for  bed. 

But that's all pretty normal, yeah? 

12 minutes ago, Pillock said:

I'm  even reluctant to leave sticks and stones lying in the ground sometimes. 

What do you do with all the stones you pick up?

13 minutes ago, Pillock said:

I have taken to storing fuel in ovens

Not sure about storing fuel in ovens, but yeah everything else seems pretty normal!  Feel free to submit some screenshots!

6 minutes ago, Wade said:

What do you do with all the stones

I put them in my bedside cabinet, of course! What else would I do with them? 

Then when I have collected enough, I sneak round to Grey Mother's in the dead of night and throw them at her windows. 

My compulsion shows up when there's lockers present.  There's the clothes locker, the first aid and food locker, the gear locker, etc.  Otherwise every thing just goes into  a fridge.  With fire stuff going into the stove, or if there's a wood stove, a  container near the wood stove.  I've worked through my need to neatly stack the wood by type.... mostly.

3 hours ago, Jolan said:

My compulsion shows up when there's lockers present.  There's the clothes locker, the first aid and food locker, the gear locker, etc.

Lockers are the best, hands down.

It's pretty much how I judge a base: are there lockers?  How many?  Are they in a nice, convenient clump?  Or are they spread out, with some of those annoying broken ones in between – the ones with no doors, or even a useless coffee urn placed there just to mock me and my dreams of storage perfection?

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:19 AM, Wade said:

I seem to have to throw all newspapers, stacks of papers, and anything newpaper related into the nearest trash can.

Yep! All tinder goes into a container of some sort. And wood has to be sorted around the fireplace.

Archived