Unopenable door, a mystery since the beginning of The Long Dark...

Adam12341

Don't go in there.  You won't be able to un-see what is in there.  There isn't enough painkillers in Great Bear to numb the pain of what is behind that door.

Surprise!!!  Its a portable generator!  It also has cabling to hook to some of the houses which have solar panels.  Make sure you collect all those car batteries too while you are at it.

Edited by Wade
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, private duksworth said:

i don't think its a generator the auroa knocked out the power sources so it would not work unless theres a auroa. and if there was whats the point of a solar panel as they are during the night

How does anything work?  Car headlights, TV, elevator, etc, etc, etc.  It was meant as a joke anyway.  The whole Geomagnetic thing can be debated until one is blue in the face, because the in game effects are unrealistic at best.  BTW, you never said what you thought was in there.

Edited by Wade

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Behind each of these doors is a basement with a terrified family in their survival shelter. Hoping, praying, that the scary foreigner with the bearskin clothes and the bow and arrow will just move on once this blizzard is over...

• Upvote 3

That door leeds to unspeakable horrors such as a zenomorph, mountains of spoilers, a gateway to TLD hell, an angry old lady with a gun, the old bear, a rabbit and a wolf playing poker, a wolf and a moose playing black jack and many more. 

Be careful traveller,  for one who sees the secrets of the door is never to be seen again. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/16/2019 at 1:21 PM, acada said:

Do not try to open this door. I managed to do it once. The only thing I remember is searing white light and I was falling down and down...

Or it was another door and bug in game. 👽

That is what happens when you exploit a glitch to access a area that has no terrain. There are a few through out the ones I have found are the two on the steep face of timber wolf mountain and if you go across the cliff face on the carter side to coastal high way in winter mute. 

On 9/18/2019 at 6:57 PM, RegentRelic said:

That is what happens when you exploit a glitch to access a area that has no terrain. There are a few through out the ones I have found are the two on the steep face of timber wolf mountain and if you go across the cliff face on the carter side to coastal high way in winter mute. 

Ehm no. I was in a cabin (not sure which one on which map, but it was small cabin), whipped out revolver and immediatelly after that opened door. Suddenly I was undeground falling down.  I dont know about exploitable glitches. I am not searching for them. I like the game.