v.1.16 - v.1.19 - Game wont start.

PanzerRabbit

This post is to tag myself to the bugreport just posted over at;  https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/browse/TLDP-4633

I've got over 1500 hours logged in TLD on my current (Win10) system, but since v1.16 I've not been able to play at all.

I have no error logs of any kind to either search in myself, or attach with this post, so I'm kind of fumbling in the dark here. (No phun intended).

Game files has been verified in Steam. All current drivers are up to date.
Everything else that relies on working DirectX 9-10-11, and/or what ever gamingrelated libraries needed to launch the rest of my games are in working order.

On 18/12/2017 at 5:40 PM, Support said:

Hi @PanzerRabbit. Could you describe what you are seeing when you attempt to play? What are your system specs (OS, CPU, graphics card, etc) ?

Hi @Support,

Game starts (Steam). It's being reported as "Running" in Steam, but nothing really happends, the window just minimizes and goes to taskbar.
Clicking on it in the taskbar gets up a grey window 4 cm in height and 3 cm in width directly over the taskbar.  That window does nothing but minimize itself back to taskbar when you try to do something in / with it, and it has to be (force)closed manually.  Steam will then register it as done running, and starts the normal procedure of syncing whatever may have changed to config / savegames.

System specs;

OS; Windows 10 Home - 10.0.16299 Build 16299

CPU;  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz.

Graphics; Gainward GeForce GTX970, 4GB VRam.

RAM: 16 GB, HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 MHz.

Thanks for the info! Your specs look good, but we took a look through the log your provided and found and IndexOutOfRangeException, which suggests a display issue.

Try running the game in Borderless Window Mode. In the game's install directory there is a Window Mode batch file you can use to launch the game like this. ( tld_borderless.bat and tld_borderless_dx11.bat )

Another thing you could try is opening up your Nvidia Control Panel and under Adjust Desktop Size and Position page and changing "Aspect ratio" to "No scaling."

19 hours ago, Support said:

Another thing you could try is opening up your Nvidia Control Panel and under Adjust Desktop Size and Position page and changing "Aspect ratio" to "No scaling."

This fixed it! :)

However, the key definitions will now always revert back to default every time I start the game.

The game will also display the disclaimer message in the beginning in my language, and not in English as I've set in config.

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, changing your Nvidia Control Panel settings shouldn't have any impact on your ingame settings. Do you experience this when running the game from the regular launch icon, or only when launching from the Borderless Window mode bat file?

Archived