The Long Dark Hotfix to version 1.19 [33943] on STEAM

Admin

The Long Dark Hotfix to version 1.19 [33943] on STEAM

Note for GOG Users: GOG has the Update to 1.19 as well, and is performing their own internal QA, which is typical procedure. As soon as they are complete, the Update will be live for you as well. When it is, you will be on full parity with every platform. 

Includes the following fixes:

* [Survival] Fixed the Faithful Cartographer achievement. Fixes are retroactive but may require performing one mapping action per region to update the Achievement "checklist".
* [Survival] Fixed issue with stored loot being reset in the Pleasant Valley Farmhouse. Previous loot should now be restored.
* [Wintermute] Fixed issue where player could end up with second, untreatable "Plane Crash Injuries" due to conflict between manual save and checkpoint.
* [Both] Fixed crash on 32-bit Windows XP systems.
* [Both] Fixed crash when changing resolution on DirectX 9 systems.

### End of Release Notes ###

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

On Steam, I'm being prompted to Install?  I just played last night.  3.2G download started...

Something might have gotten borked on your system.. I'm updating on Steam right now from 1.17 to 1.19 (Win7), and it's only a 420MB download

9 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Something might have gotten borked on your system.. I'm updating on Steam right now from 1.17 to 1.19 (Win7), and it's only a 420MB download

19 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

On Steam, I'm being prompted to Install?  I just played last night.  3.2G download started...

Yes, the Steam hotfix is relatively small, and only reflects the changelist above. As JAFO mentions, if you already had the game updated to 1.17, it shouldn't be that large for Steam users. 

18 hours ago, admin said:

Note for GOG Users: GOG has the Update to 1.19 as well, and is performing their own internal QA, which is typical procedure. As soon as they are complete, the Update will be live for you as well. When it is, you will be on full parity with every platform.

Can I say I love you? :D
3 major things I like about this post:

• The update to the new release on GOG.
  • Hinterland communicates about it being released to GOG!
  • The update will include the latest 1.19 patch!

Especially the second one feels like a huge improvement. THANKS! :D:D

On 16.12.2017 at 4:55 AM, admin said:

Fixes are retroactive but may require performing one mapping action per region to update the Achievement "checklist".

Does not work or I'm doing something wrong.  :( In the game added some progress indicator?

P.S. The patch did not add stability to the ps4 game version. For 7 hours - 6 crashes of the game! One game crash - a loss of 20-25 minutes of play! 99,9 % crashes of the game crash at the time of autosave. A report on each game crash is sent. When you fix it all?!

Edited by black72rat

1 hour ago, black72rat said:

Does not work or I'm doing something wrong.  :( In the game added some progress indicator?

P.S. The patch did not add stability to the ps4 game version. For 7 hours - 6 crashes of the game! One game crash - a loss of 20-25 minutes of play! 99,9 % crashes of the game crash at the time of autosave. A report on each game crash is sent. When you fix it all?!

Me too.

I could find 198 places and 96% game exploration. I have noticed there was a new location in Broken Railroad named Locomotive. There are places that the name dont show up on the map like Milton Bay and Milton Old School. So i think that this achievement is still bugged.

Edited by ATHAPL
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ATHAPL said:

I could find 198 places and 96% game exploration. I have noticed there was a new location in Broken Railroad named Locomotive.

"+" hmm .. I without this location 95% and 197. the fact that they entered a new location and not warned - it's bad (it definitely was not until 1.19). it is possible that there are more than one such locations.

1 hour ago, ATHAPL said:

I could find 198 places and 96% game exploration. I have noticed there was a new location in Broken Railroad named Locomotive. There are places that the name dont show up on the map like Milton Bay and Milton Old School. So i think that this achievement is still bugged.

such locations are sufficient. Lookout on Mysterious Lake (for example). I checked - this location after the patch is not marked on the map either by text or icon.

• Upvote 1