Fireplace eating items

KinoUnko

Hinterland needs to tell people not to place anything on the floor where items have been broken down.  Or, stay with me here....  They could address this as they have known about this as well as the Faux limbs for a couple months now.

What type of items did you put down?  I am curious because I no longer put anything on the floor other than hides and guts.  It only takes one time for the game to swallow up a pile of good stuff for you to stop setting stuff on the floor.  R.I.P quality tools which now reside in some other dimension.

Just tested.  Setup stuff around the cloth and rocking chair.  Left, came back in, and everything is still in place.  As soon as I broke down the big piece of cloth stuff disappeared.  Literally saw it vanish right before my eyes.  Removing that piece of cloth causes the same problem as many other areas when it comes to breaking down stuff then, placing stuff in that area.

first noticed it when it ate a bunch of fuel: sticks, logs, reclaimed wood. tested with tinder, books, curing gut, charcoal bits. all same, leave it in front of the fireplace, exit and reenter the house, item is gone. 

I've seen this at FM Homestead before too but not as consistent as this fireplace, breaking down items seem to have something to do with it. But probably not the only cause. save version may affect it as well. 

I guess if you don't believe me, then test it yourself.  Start a new game and place items around that large piece of cloth.  You will see that as soon as you break down that piece of cloth, those items will vanish before your eyes.

Archived