The Long Dark Updated to version 1.16 [33814] -- "RUGGED SENTINEL"

Admin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home run Hinterland!

Great update, thanks for all of your hard work. Thanks for listening to the fans as well; I'm not sure that you really wanted to include everything that went into the update, but it is truly appreciated. I am beside myself with the new range of gameplay options; it's a new game again. Super tough wolves, but not so many...getting stomped by a moose...dreams come true.

Big, big kudos to the team. Not that you hadn't already, but you've a supporter for life in me. Thanks again.

* [Survival] Fixed an issue where a few tunables in Interloper were defaulting to Stalker settings. Interloper should be more challenging now, as a result.

I wonder what exactly has changed. I've died in a new playthrough while trying to sleep at the Riken bunk beds. I can't remember it being this cold inside in interloper before and I lived there for 60 days or so in two straight runs.

Also, I did not find matches at Hibernia(I might have missed them, though) but I found three packs at the PV farmhouse this time around.  BTW, I'm not complaining, more randomness to the loot spawn means you've got to do more travelling and sightseeing. 

3 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Because they will eventually get heavier...especially in bad weather I guess.

Your response is concerning the balance of the game. I agree, why not.

However, this logic is irrational in terms of realism.

But, I agree with @MarrowStone, clothes' weight, which are weared, are better distributed, and that is rational.

21 minutes ago, jkripper said:

Any updates on release date for xbone?  Or on Faithful Cartographer achievement?  Please & thank you.

I’m on Xbox too, in the notes they said next week (this update came out Thursday the 7th), so we should be expecting it tomorrow. As for the Faithful Cartographer, I’m not sure

2 hours ago, omoon66 said:

I’m on Xbox too, in the notes they said next week (this update came out Thursday the 7th), so we should be expecting it tomorrow. As for the Faithful Cartographer, I’m not sure

Maybe a bit later, if Hinterland will include 1.17 hotfix in the 1 .16 console update.

Just now, ingrobny said:

Maybe a bit later, if Hinterland will include 1.17 hotfix in the 1 .16 console update.

They’ll probably have 1.16 (because they probably had started certification on Thursday), then have 1.17 or later (for even more bug fixes) afterwards, so we may be getting 1.17 or later next week or so, hopefully. 

I've tried different custom modes but they don't feel very different to me.  For example the empty container chance was almost the same on every levels.  Even though I set it to low chance 80% of the containers I looted ware empty.  On the other hand the condition loss from wildlife was too much even on low setting. I played one game on medium and the wolf killed me in like 3 sec. if that is the case than why do we need high setting at all. I was against adding custom sliders from the very beginning and now I see that I was right. This is your step back Hinterland you've just made your work more difficult because you have to balance the sliders and adjustments because as it is now you can make broken games when you die in 1 sec. I have not tested the other features like the blizzard but I'm sure that I'll find something off even there.   My recommendation is stop tweaking the game already it is fine as it is, just give us more content (Toolz, Animals, features like skiing, more crafting ...) 

17 hours ago, MueckE said:

You currently can't judge the customization because it is still bugged and not working. I think they are working on it. Till they fix it, just play normal modes.

Well that is my point exactly why tamper with something that is already working 100%. They've just created unnecessary work for themselves.  The time that they'll spent balancing this customization could be spent in creating new content like new tools, new needs to survive. That is at what TLD does best. You need different tools to collect different resources. Why not concentrate on that? what did we get from this update in terms of content: Moose and broken ribs, which is very little for a major update.  Do you remember this update when are we going to get anoter update like that?

If you look at the content, yes, this update has not much to offer. In August the new maps were already there and a raw version of moose was also already there. So aftter 5 months you get an update with old content and a customization mod that isn't working. But again, i am sure they are working on it right now.

Ask me, i remember a lot how it was. I remember that the desolation point update was so good, that the only real complaint from the community was that the map is small :) In these days bugs were fixed instantly hours after the release and a few days later everything was perfect. I also remember floors that don't glow green as if you are on LSD or beeing able to use a can opener. Since than, i personally think the developement and with that the game has become worse. They had to make hard decisions and had to move on to finally progress on story mode. Than there are also the needs for console players and other things that took over the priority. So im sure that there are a lot more serious reasons why it changed like it did. But yes, i remember how it once was.

All I can say is, leave it to the community to request something and then moan and whine when they actually get it implemented.

Not that I would know how it is. my game still hasn't updated on Xbox one, on Friday when it was basically promised to be be available before Thursday.

12 hours ago, vancopower said:

Well that is my point exactly why tamper with something that is already working 100%. They've just created unnecessary work for themselves.  The time that they'll spent balancing this customization could be spent in creating new content like new tools, new needs to survive. That is at what TLD does best. You need different tools to collect different resources. Why not concentrate on that? what did we get from this update in terms of content: Moose and broken ribs, which is very little for a major update.  Do you remember this update when are we going to get anoter update like that?

Hinterland is trying to respond to customer feedback.  Obviously, customization was a popular request and they delivered.  Sure, there may be issues but I'm sure they're doing their best to squash the bugs first.  

I don't really see the problem as this is a high requested feature. Of course not everyone is waiting for so it seems useless. But you can apply the same rule here: if you don't like it, don't use it.
I don't like Interloper, Voyager was perfect enough. Still no reason to not develop Interloper for the people who do want such a challenge.

For every development project the same rule applies: the more features you implement to more bug testing is required and more time is required to develop this features in a way they work along with everything else. It's quite logical actually.

Archived