The Long Dark Updated to version 1.16 [33814] -- "RUGGED SENTINEL"

Admin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 1.5 times day cycle would be best imo, so you couldnt technically travel twice the distance in one day making the world seem tiny, but still have more time for menus etc. Does the time modifier affect how fast you lose condition or freeze?

Ive hit an issue where i cant select what feats i get to bring along on the custom difficulty mode. Other than that, its working extremely well for me, even though the "low" wolf spawns seem to still be quite high, saw 4 wolves together in pleasent valley.

55 minutes ago, Vinceofpyrenees said:

Is it that ?

1x : 1day in game >> 2 hours IRL

2x : 1 day >> 4 hours

3x : 1 day >> 6 hours

4x : 1 day >> 8 hours ?

If you play in x4, it will become possible to travel from broken railrod to Desolation point in a day, no ?

That is possible right now already.  But yeah, long days and nights would awesome. I just don't like doing something like gathering firewood and suddenly it's night. I think this change is the most important in the update.

1 hour ago, MarrowStone said:

A 1.5 times day cycle would be best imo, so you couldnt technically travel twice the distance in one day making the world seem tiny, but still have more time for menus etc. Does the time modifier affect how fast you lose condition or freeze?

Ive hit an issue where i cant select what feats i get to bring along on the custom difficulty mode. Other than that, its working extremely well for me, even though the "low" wolf spawns seem to still be quite high, saw 4 wolves together in pleasent valley.

Right now either feats are not allowed in custom sandboxes...or everyone has the same bug.

I'm guessing it's the first option.

25 minutes ago, Hawk said:

It's already available on Steam. Apparently it has been all day, based on the posts in this thread.

I have to wait for GOG to get the update, which they claim will be next week sometime.

That's my problem though, I don't HAVE steam, I have an Xbone. I wanted to know when it would be available for my xbox console.

Thank you again, Hinterland.

I love The Long Dark! It´s one of the very few games that have accompanied me for years. And this is because you are so passionate about it and keep on developing it further and further. I always love to return now and then to see what has changed and I´ve never been disappointed. The last update made me return once again and I enjoy the game again. Please keep up this great work!

This is such an amazing upgrade!!!! Just created my own custom "experience mode" and randomly spawned in Furlong Muskeg. Despite falling throuh the ice and low condition I still made it to Mystery Lake. I was heading to Trappers cabin (my favourite) to recover and I noticed that big boulder that wasnt there before in survival mode! I walked round it and voila the cave passage to going  back to Old Milton and Wintermute memories in Survival mode! Still not strong enough to climb back to the town yet but loving it!!!!!

This is my first update.  If no changes were made at all after buying the game I would have (and did) felt like I got more than my money's worth.  This is just icing on the cake.  Thank you all very much for this.  Your work is appreciated and valued. :D

2 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

As we mention in the post, PS4 and Xbox One versions will go through certification - we expect them to release next week. 

I skimmed the post thinking that they were talking about December First AND talking about the update, now I see that it said August first and it was about Wintermute, not December First release of Rugged Sentinel, that is why I was worried because it said a week and it is the eighth today. Sorry, I see now, and as unfortunate as the wait is, I'm still excited for Thursday next week!!!

22 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

As we mention in the post, PS4 and Xbox One versions will go through certification - we expect them to release next week.

Just a quick question, will we console players also going to need the hotfix 1.17? If we do, will it be released with the 1.16 update?

It's not a big problem if we have to wait for the hotfix, but just so we will know the 1.16 update will have some bugs which will be fixed a bit later.

46 minutes ago, ingrobny said:

Just a quick question, will we console players also going to need the hotfix 1.17? If we do, will it be released with the 1.16 update?

It's not a big problem if we have to wait for the hotfix, but just so we will know the 1.16 update will have some bugs which will be fixed a bit later.

Typically we wrap subsequent hotfixes into the versions for other platforms, but this can also depend on how certification goes with Microsoft and Sony. We'll have more to share this coming week!

As around 10 people already have shouted: CUSTOM DIFFICULTIES! :D:D:D It's the best thing I've ever seen this game to receive. I also love the fact that Wintermute has 3 selectable difficulties and that it states which difficulty is how the developers intended the game to be 'experienced'. It's a small but very helpful piece of information.

I never ever expected custom difficulties to be added to survival mode before all seasons of TLD would have been finished. I expected it to come with mod support after storymode would have been finished. And looking at the amount of tweak-able possibilities... This is amazing!
This is literally the best new feature I've seen, it means a lot! A huge THANKS to the Hinterland team! :D <3 :D

On 8.12.2017 at 10:08 PM, RossBondReturns said:

Right now either feats are not allowed in custom sandboxes...or everyone has the same bug.

I'm guessing it's the first option.

It seems you can add up to 5 feats now in Toolbox Mode

Good move with the custom survival mode, @Raphael van Lierop. I personally did not miss it so much, but I felt that a lot of people did. Now that it exists, I will certainly play around with it and see how the gaming experience can be varied. Custom settings may also help pass the time for those folks who cannot wait for modding.

Will comment more when I had the opportunity to play again, but definitely wanted to thank Hinterland for this one. Keep up the good work!

On 12/8/2017 at 0:39 AM, Kedge said:

I'd hate to finally have that option and not be able to use it just so I could get my achievements.

Hi Kedge, (in case you didn't see this in the hot fix notes) unfortunately, it looks like custom survival games won't count towards badge earning. 

1 hour ago, Jolan said:

Hi Kedge, (in case you didn't see this in the hot fix notes) unfortunately, it looks like custom survival games won't count towards badge earning. 

Badges no, but nobody said nothing about achievements. I think Steam achievements were discussed, at least it appeared to me that way.

Yes, badges cannot be obtained through Custom mode, since you can set up some REALLY relaxing modes, even easier to the Pilgrim. I think that is probably why.

In the future, I would like to see Custom modes get a secondary tag that compares them to the original game modes in terms of difficulty - say like super hard modes would be nicknamed "Interloper +++" and slightly easier-than-Voyageur custom mode would be nicknamed "Voyageur -"  or something like that. To give people an immediate idea on how difficult the general game is likely to be, and also to possibly allow "randomized" choice that would create random choices, but in a "preset" layer of difficulty - because hardcore players wouldn't enjoy randomized Pilgrim level custom game. :)

Archived