Hello, and thanks!

Sunwolf

Greetings!

After several miserable experiences with survival games in the past I waited for Steam's black friday sale to pick this game up.  Now I'm kicking myself for not buying it earlier.

I am a grizzled, grumpy, pessimistic, old-school gamer.  I've been playing for decades (still have my original Atari 2600 in perfect working order) and I've played hundreds and hundreds of games.  Recently I've been avoiding buying new games because...well...I just don't like them.  They have no soul.  Most of them are procedurally generated crap.  Those that aren't incorporate mechanics that force the player to play the way the developers decided the game should be played.  Gone are the days of hand-crafted masterpieces that took forever to develop because there was actually something there to develop.  Or so I thought.

This game is not perfect.  No game is.  That being said, after a week of playing pretty much constantly I can say without hesitation that The Long Dark has the potential to rank among the greatest games ever created.  I mean this game is really freaking good.  Like Zelda OOT, Deus Ex, original X-COM, Half Life 2 good.

I haven't felt this way about a game in literally years.  Thank you for making this.  It's very very good and you should be incredibly and justifiably proud.

Archived