Something I've Never Heard Before

Stormwolf1O1

I was looting one of the Waterfront Cottages in CH. The one with the dead guy next to the bed. There was a cabinet right next to him, so I looted it and got a Water Bottle. My character went "Wonder if the owner's nearby?" and I LOL'd. In over 500 hours of gameplay I'd never heard this line before.

18 hours ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

I was looting one of the Waterfront Cottages in CH. The one with the dead guy next to the bed. There was a cabinet right next to him, so I looted it and got a Water Bottle. My character went "Wonder if the owner's nearby?" and I LOL'd. In over 500 hours of gameplay I'd never heard this line before.

I could understand that if maybe a fire was still going in the fireplace...anyways, lore-wise, do we know how long it's been since the last human was around (sandbox)?

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

I could understand that if maybe a fire was still going in the fireplace...anyways, lore-wise, do we know how long it's been since the last human was around (sandbox)?

Well, I'm not sure that's it's been all that long. Makes sense if you think about it. When looting fridges/freezers you sometimes find meat in decent condition. Electricity has been out for as long as the place has been abandoned, so for the meat to stay fresh enough to still be safe to eat, it can't have been, let's say, over a year since the last human was around. This is assuming that the devs took this thought process into account, though.

3 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

It says a mysterious geomagnetic storm brought your plane down and you start with minimal gear, so im assuming you start off a few hours to maybe two days after the first flare. At least enough time to heal any lacerations or sprains from the crash.

Also, in earlier versions you could find recently burnt out campfires with supplies next to them...

And also you can find deer with arrows in them and the owner nearby dead, with the deer not too ravaged.

5 hours ago, Fuarian said:

I've heard that maybe once. They really need to fix the frequency of certain quotes and music tracks. Because some of them are in game but are never heard EVER. 

I agree, it seems like I usually get one or two variations and rarely get a "special" quote.

The songs are good at the rate they are in, it seems like certain regions and times of day have an influence by the way, but itd be nice to hear a greater diversity in each region.

As long as the rate of songs doesnt change because i dont want a constant soundtrack playing like most games.

I still would love to hear "regional music" - songs or stings that play in only certain areas or regions. There used to be a really high-tension sting that would play as you walk down the stairs and through the hallway of the Dam - back when Fluffy could still spawn. Always made my fear that much worse lol. There also used to be short horror-esque tunes that would play upon approaching a human corpse, which would also kind of give me the creeps. Really sad they decided to take those out. Heck, I'm really upset about a lot of the decisions they made. But hey - they're the developers here..

2 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I agree, it seems like I usually get one or two variations and rarely get a "special" quote.

The songs are good at the rate they are in, it seems like certain regions and times of day have an influence by the way, but itd be nice to hear a greater diversity in each region.

As long as the rate of songs doesnt change because i dont want a constant soundtrack playing like most games.

Some tracks in the OST for Sandbox NEVER play, I mean AT ALL. I would know because I used to hear them regularly and now I don't. 

4 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

If anyone's curious to hear what the 'going down the Dam stairs/hallway to meet Fluffy' music was, I think I might've found it on YouTube: 

Creepy, man...

No, there never was any music. But there may have been in the original game. but it sure wasn't this one.

58 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

No, there never was any music. But there may have been in the original game. but it sure wasn't this one.

You may be right, as I'm sure there's sound effects/small sections of music not listed in the OST. I do however remember playing an early version of the game, going down the stairs in the Dam and hearing high strings that sent my Dread Meter up to 100 lol. It may not have been the sound I linked above but it was something to that effect.

8 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

There used to be some music that seemed to play whenever i went down the long hallway in the dam, unless i dont remember correctly.

I used to always thrink that one of those large lights above the turbines would fall and crush me, idk why.

LOL. 
Yes, the music going down the long hallway is what I'm referring to. Doesn't play anymore, obviously, because Fluffy...had an accident. It certainly did ramp up the scariness of it all, though.

Archived