Sign in to follow this  
Raphael van Lierop

First Screens of The Long Dark!

Yesterday, we shared these with backers. It's been a long time coming, perhaps even longer for us than it feels like it's been for you all waiting out there.

EMnE4ST.jpg

It's always difficult and nerve-wracking to share anything for the first time -- it's safer to just keep working on it until you feel it's perfect. But, it's also very important for us to lift our heads from our work, once in a while, share a bit of what we're doing, and see if we're on the right track.

6L08PYM.jpg

We hope you like what we're doing. There's a lot more on the way.

• Upvote 2

I love the new screenshots! The art style should make for a very different and exciting gameplay :)

This look pretty amazing. You've done a great work on the design. It's difficult to see the difference with the artworks. :)

This look pretty amazing. You've done a great work on the design. It's difficult to see the difference with the artworks. :)

Yup, it's always been our goal to create an iconic, illustrative art style in concept and then stay as true to this as possible in transitioning from 2D to 3D.

It's a testament to the amazing team on the game that they've managed to preserve the style so well. I'm biased, but it truly is a beautiful game.

I keep throwing money to the screen, but no prints are coming out. :(

These are amazing! Really love them! <3

Nice! Love the artwork and the general atmosphere of the sound and vision I have seen so far. It's what got me interested in the first place :)

Ok, now I'm seriously excited for the alpha. Loving the atmosphere and style of these screenshots!

I really like the visual aesthetic on display here, I can't wait to see this develop :D glad to have backed it.

The "mountain view with wooden lookout tower on top" screenshots I enjoy the most. They are breathtaking.

Right now I enjoy them combined with some atmospheric music from the project pitch video. Now I am speachless (big eyes, mouth wide open).

Epic moment for this situation starts at 0:51.

[bBvideo 560,340:1548y8qc]

[/bBvideo]

The screen shots look stellar! They are so unique, fresh and really draw me into the scene. I can hardly wait to see what else you all have hidden behind the curtain. Whatever you all are putting in your pancakes, keep doing exactly THAT!

Amazing. I really really love the lighting mood and tones. Can't wait to see more in the alpha! Keep up the good work!

I'm excited to watch this process develop. I'll be more excited when there is something to play!

These are AMAZING. :shock: I'm posting a link to this on the game forum I'm currently livestreaming (theHunter). There are several people over there that are interested in the development of this!

These are AMAZING. :shock: I'm posting a link to this on the game forum I'm currently livestreaming (theHunter). There are several people over there that are interested in the development of this!

Thanks for your support!

Those cabin shots are just out of this world. They look so cosy and the colours just sort of fell together, especially the first one... . . . . Now where is it I can order a print ??

Nice work to the Artistic team :)

Standing in loud ovation!! Bravo Hinterland...Bravo! :-D Keep those noses to the stone as it were and know we are cheering you on to a beautiful end!!

On 04/04/2014 at 0:59 PM, indianajonas said:

The "mountain view with wooden lookout tower on top" screenshots I enjoy the most. They are breathtaking.

Right now I enjoy them combined with some atmospheric music from the project pitch video. Now I am speachless (big eyes, mouth wide open).

Epic moment for this situation starts at 0:51.

[bBvideo 560,340:1548y8qc]

[/bBvideo]

What's this music at 58'' ? So deep