Old bear disapears

LinieBurrito456

Hello,

Im currently playing Episode 2 the"old bear callenge". (X-Box)

At the 4th encounter-location (at the trail-way) I made a fire to warm up and I later wanted to escape him, by going to the Camp Office.

The bear starts to run up- and downhill like crazy and disapears.

I searched couples of time around all 6 bear-encounter-locations and tried to leave and re-enter the map but I couldn't find the old bear anymore.

Some strainge things also begin to happen, the weather is stormy and its snowing all the time - maybe the weather is static while the quest?

I also found out, that the lootboxes at the bear-encouter-location refills every day.

1 hour ago, LinieBurrito456 said:

Hello,

Im currently playing Episode 2 the"old bear callenge". (X-Box)

At the 4th encounter-location (at the trail-way) I made a fire to warm up and I later wanted to escape him, by going to the Camp Office.

The bear starts to run up- and downhill like crazy and disapears.

I searched couples of time around all 6 bear-encounter-locations and tried to leave and re-enter the map but I couldn't find the old bear anymore.

Some strainge things also begin to happen, the weather is stormy and its snowing all the time - maybe the weather is static while the quest?

I also found out, that the lootboxes at the bear-encouter-location refills every day.

Are you seeing lots of fog? Have you checked near the logging camp and surrounding areas?

16 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Can you check your mission inventory and see if the Old Bear's ear is there or not? 

My mission stand at 3 from 6 bear encounters and I have no bear in my quest-inventory.

I also try now to interact with Jeremiah and can't talk to him, in the menu are only "trust" and "finished".

I'm afraid I had to load the last checkpoint and hope this fix it.

@LinieBurrito456@Patrick Carlson

I had this same issue at the same spot... The bear did not disappear but got stuck in a panic loop and I found him running into the rocks nearby and all I could see was his butt sticking out, which blends into the rocks very well. And he was stuck there... I tried waiting several days, but to no avail. I had to reload the last check point and it didn't happen again so I was able to complete the mission. I play on Xbox One S for any of the devs reading this.

1 minute ago, Cattleman said:

I had this same issue at the same spot... The bear did not disappear but got stuck in a panic loop and I found him running into the rocks nearby and all I could see was his butt sticking out, which blends into the rocks very well. And he was stuck there... I tried waiting several days, but to no avail. I had to reload the last check point and it didn't happen again so I was able to complete the mission. I play on Xbox One S for any of the devs reading this.

Yes, thank you @Cattleman.

@LinieBurrito456 try loading your last checkpoint and see how it goes from there. 

33 minutes ago, Cattleman said:

Thanks, to load the last checkpoint fix it.

offtopic: It is a little bit disturbing in a survival-game to commit suicide.

Archived