Menu Lockup (v144 and v145)

Bill Tarling

#7 -- v144 -- CODE

MAIN MENU LOAD LOCKUP

Started in Coastal map, and turned back towards tunnel and loaded Ravine area.

Climbed down quite far ravine mountain face, but eventually fell and died.

Selected New Sandbox, and ended up in Mystery Lake map, so I quit to go back to main menu.

I could change between map selections, and highlight BACK and START buttons, but nothing happens when clicked. Had to exit Steam completely to exit game.

Guest Alan Lawrance
MAIN MENU LOAD LOCKUP

Started in Coastal map, and turned back towards tunnel and loaded Ravine area.

Climbed down quite far ravine mountain face, but eventually fell and died.

Selected New Sandbox, and ended up in Mystery Lake map, so I quit to go back to main menu.

I could change between map selections, and highlight BACK and START buttons, but nothing happens when clicked. Had to exit Steam completely to exit game.

[attachment=0]output_log.txt[/attachment]

This crash issue will be top priority for programming to address.

Also, we'll make "Start New Sandbox" load the region that was selected from the Main Menu -- right now it's always loading Mystery Lake.

So I just got the Main menu lock up and here is how I can reproduce it every time. Start a game in Coastal Region go into the logging trailer at the collapsed tunnel, quit the game and return to the main menu try to start a new game. Lock-o-roo. Think it has to do with the save game because i just started a game and quit and no issues.

Guest Alan Lawrance
So I just got the Main menu lock up and here is how I can reproduce it every time. Start a game in Coastal Region go into the logging trailer at the collapsed tunnel, quit the game and return to the main menu try to start a new game. Lock-o-roo. Think it has to do with the save game because i just started a game and quit and no issues.

Strange -- I am still not able to repro this... could you let me know if you can still repro on v.145?

Also, can you attach a log next time it happens, I just want to see if it has the same issue that Bill's log had.

Guest Alan Lawrance
Just happened in v.145 output log attched

Thanks -- confirmed it's the same issue Bill reported. Why I can't reproduce this is one heck of a mystery right now.

Archived