Disappearing items esp PV farmhouse

SteveP

Could  the technical support team give us any insights into the progress on the bug where stuff you drop on the floor of a building can disappear if you sleep or go out and in, please?

Should I b e looking at JIRA for the bug list and status? priority?

Thanks guys!

The Public Bug Database more a way for players to send the team data about issues, rather than a live system for checking up on the status of bugs. That stuff is managed internally in another system.

That said, reports of items being lost in the environment are something we are actively looking into. As always, thanks for your patience -- we appreciate all the help and feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

We did a user poll on pet peeves in the Facebook community; disappearing loot was high on the list. Not being able to step over small obstacles topped the list of peeves! Personally I always find a way around and consider it a part of the game. Disappearing loot OTOH, would tick me off. I tend to keep stuff in containers but that is not possible for curing hides. I would suggest a good code rip (review). If there is a problematic system feature, the most difficult decision of a technical leader is when to rewrite rather than patch. Code factorization and good class object design is important for avoiding spaghetti like coding that is everywhere instead of nicely factored in to an object class behaviour. Consider virtual function instantiations for object behaviours that must be different in some small way.

C# Polymorphism

I suppose there could be a type of clamber function that could let you scale obstacles; this could resolve some frustrations with small obstacles. Some obstacles just appear small but affect the path movement. These obstacles could be scaled up slightly. Focus on the annoying ones like ice blocks around the truck in DP.

It would be really nice if you could use protection points and climbing. You jam in small rocks into cracks and crevices with a cloth loop around them you knot over your rope. Effectively rock climbing or mantling over deadfall. You could have lots of deadfall, not all suitable for fire fuel.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived