12 hours ago, Chloe18 said:

The problem is that I already have the game and it run 30fps in very low... 

Then that's what you should have said.. It would have saved us both some time, and gotten things rolling on trying to improve the situation already.

Probably a good place to start would be by killing off all unnecessary processes running on your laptop. In my experience, most people's computers have a ton of background processes running, from all the stuff they've installed, and every one of them uses up system resources. For some reason, almost every app out there now thinks it needs to be running in the background already, in case you want to use it. Many, but not all of them, can been seen (and shut down) from the System Tray in the lower right corner of the screen. If you've got Skype, BitTorrent, DropBox, a webrowser and a bunch of other things running at the same time, of course you're going to have performance issues. Anything that's not absolutely necessary should be shut down. If you're comfortable using the Task Manager, there are probably even more things you can shut down, to stop them using resources. If you're not comfortable with the Task Manager and System Tray method, then I'd suggest using a freeware game-boosting program like Razer's Cortex, which can do the above for you automatically. (Mind you, it can't do anything you can't do yourself, manually.)

What graphics settings do you have set in TLD? Your machine isn't capable of running the game well with everything set on high, but with the settings on medium, it should do ok. Something else I'd suggest is setting the screen resolution in TLD down from 1920x1080 to 1366x768. This won't have a big impact on the looks of the game, but it will give the 840M a lot less work to do, which will translate to a better framerate.

Here are the settings I use.. on a laptop that's far less capable than yours (an i5 2410M @ 2.3GHz with a crappy Intel HD3000 graphics chip).. So you should be able to use these as a starting basis for experimenting with. It's also worth noting that TLD is a game that doesn't need high framerates to still be very playable.. you're only getting 30fps? I'd kill for that.. the best I ever see is 15fps, but the game is perfectly playable even that low.

screen_c8916d60-ab6b-4d45-9c0d-88d6fb17b831.thumb.png.2392493225874035a4fc981f12890efe.png

Archived