Use bank notes as tinder

Xanthos

10 minutes ago, Xanthos said:

Would it be possible to replace some (news) papers with bank notes and use that as tinder? Burning money to stay alive would add to the survival feeling for me. :)

You can use them as paper already( to start fires ) I think that is the point.  maybe down the track do we need dollars? maybe we can just thrown money in an open fire? (sound track voice while doing it?)

Well what could be an option is to add a mechanical dispenser that accept coins. Those can still work without power. One can pay using coins or break it open with crowbar. Basically a moral choice without actual consequences (so 99.9% of the people will break it anyway :P ).

For banknotes: they are not in the game at the moment (not in the list of tinder or fuel). That's why I suggest to add it so I can burn money to stay warm.

Just because you gave me an additional idea by saying: " maybe down the track do we need dollars? ". Of course I could have started a separate topic for this but i chose not to.

Recognizing bank notes cannot be done mechanical so any thing for that needs power which is not present in the game world. But for coins there are mechanical options hence. (the gumball machines and that kind of simple stuff.)

And to stress the point once more: I want to burn money :P

9 hours ago, nicko said:

You can use them as paper already( to start fires ) I think that is the point.  maybe down the track do we need dollars? maybe we can just thrown money in an open fire? (sound track voice while doing it?)

it would not be very complicated to be a day of work because they would just need to change the name and also to put a texture of money and they already have in the game because in the story mode you can see some.

8 hours ago, nicko said:

ah yeh finding coins would be fun and make sense. Lets hope the devs add something. coins always have outlasted paper :)

yeah to melt them and make strongest improvised tools or other things in metal. it whould be funny.

12 hours ago, Salty Crackers said:

Cash is in the game as a tinder, but I've never seen it outside Story mode.

That's exactly what I thought, I thought I saw the bank notes as tinder in the Story mode... wouldn't be pissed off if they added them into the sandbox as well.

10 hours ago, oplli said:

yeah to melt them and make strongest improvised tools or other things in metal. it whould be funny.

That's a very simplified way of looking at it. First of all, you would need a crucible of some sort to be even able to melt it, and then the forge that would be enclosed so it can reach the temperature necessary to melt it. And finally, in order to melt something, it needs to be from softer metal, and tools out of softer metals will simply not be very durable. 

So, improvised tools out of the steel that you can fashion out of scrap metal would be much better than these tools you speak of. 

It would be cool if we could melt metal in the game and use it for various other things, but it's not necessary for the game, I would say.

My apologies for this question, but was this topic only created on Monday? This makes me feel old. I remember reading a similar suggestion a year or two ago, when money wasn't even in the game.

Don't mind me, I haven't attended the forums in a while. As for the topic itself, it would be nice to see it in the survival sand box if it isn't already there.

Thank you

- Grimsley99

Archived